Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bidiot

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Hi,

I've had army builder for a few weeks and managed to put together a few army lists, finding the tool really usefull and for the most part easy to use.

However, I came across a problem recently (or I think it is a problem, but maybe its my understanding that's wrong).

I have a unit of 20 Night Goblins and in a previous army list this was a unit with full command, e.g. Boss, Musician and Banner carrier. I wanted to change this to replace the boss with a "Big Boss" character. I did this by unselecting the Boss and then dragging the character over so that it joins the "squad", I couldnt find a way for the character to join the "unit" and I think this is where my problem lies.

Because the minimum unit size for Goblins is 20 and because I can't get the Big boss to join the unit it wont let me do this. I can only add the Big boss to the Squad and because the minimum unit size is 20 for goblins when I deselect the normal "Boss" the number of normal NG's goes up by one leaving:-

18 Normal NG's
1 Musician
1 Banner carrier

Plus my Big boss added to the squad, which now makes 21.

Any ideas how I can add my big boss to the unit, making a total of 20 gobbos?
Bidiot is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old August 10th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Uh, that's Army Builder keeping you from making an illegal army. Adding characters to the unit doesn't allow you to reduce the unit's minimum size.
Ghaz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bidiot

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:27 PM
So doesnt the character count as one of the unit when you add it. I'm sure I've seen people lining up 20 gobbos and within that 20 there is a character?
Bidiot is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
WulfgarUlricsson

Old August 11th, 2007, 10:05 AM
A character does NOT substitute for one of the troopers in a unit. It's not like a Champion, Musician, or Standard Bearer, which are merely upgrades to the basic troopers. So, yes, you are correct that you would have a unit strength/# of models = 21 here, minimum.
WulfgarUlricsson is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old August 11th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidiot
So doesnt the character count as one of the unit when you add it. I'm sure I've seen people lining up 20 gobbos and within that 20 there is a character?
Then they're playing with an illegal army list. A Lord or Hero does not replace a model in a unit.
Ghaz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bidiot

Old August 13th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys,

Thats cleared that up. I must have been mistaken when I saw it.
Bidiot is offline   #6 Reply With Quote