Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Bidmaron

Old September 30th, 2018, 10:39 AM
I have both. The Keep is not in the same league with Realmworks, even with the latter's well-known foibles and bugs.
Bidmaron is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 30th, 2018, 10:46 AM
@Rob: If you really are interested in honoring your KS commitments, Zach over at Frog God Games assured me he'd be happy to provide the files for The Blight to you. All you need to do is ask.

Nothing much has changed with The Blight as far as content or size from before the KS happened. There are 10 chapters on the city covering 13 areas (12 were advertised in the KS) and the adventure path is 9 episodes (12 were originally intended). It was always going to be a huge adventure setting as it was always advertised as having the city AND the adventures which LWD was aware of as that info is posted on the KS. And of course FGG has a well-earned reputation of creating bookshelf breaking books.
AEIOU is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 30th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujutsuka View Post
Why aren’t your other developers working on this?
While I do understand your frustration and certainly understand why you would ask that question, the answer is simply that we are not a huge company. Rob is not just our owner but the actual creator of these products and our senior developer. Sometimes only he can solve a problem.

To be clear, the tasks Rob is working on are not simple, they are complex issues only he has the experience to handle that are currently blocking our ability to move forward.

Last edited by BJ; September 30th, 2018 at 11:14 AM.
BJ is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 30th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post
I had never even heard of that software up until now, but I had a quick peep and it looked just like Realm Works to me! At least from a scattering of screenshots on their website.
The Keep is ancient software. I honestly have no idea if its been updated in the last decade but v2.0 came out roughly that long ago. RW may have gone a long time since its last patch but not that long.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 30th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
While I’m disappointed in myself and my recovery, I can’t do more than press forward.
Stop being ridiculous, Rob. Disappointed in yourself and your recovery why? This is nothing you have control over. All you can control is taking the time you need to get better, and making sure that's your priority. All most of us have been asking for have been some sort of communication, and you've now provided that in spades.

A few months ago, my mom had an issue. She had been recovering rather well. Then, one day, as if someone flipped a switch, she took an unexpected downturn. A couple weeks ago, I sat by her bedside all night and all through the morning as the nurses told us she could go any time. I was holding her hand as she took her last her last breath.

So ----ing take care of your ----ing self. And get better.

Quote:
That said, I am getting a modicum of work done these days. Progress on Realm Works is being made – just not nearly at the pace any of us were hoping for.
Good. Right now, it shouldn't be at the pace we're hoping for. Or to flip that around, the pace we should be hoping for is the pace that allows you to get better.

Quote:
While it’s by no means the improved product you all deserve, the weekly progress updates will provide a clearer sense of what’s being worked on and how it’s progressing, allowing everyone to follow along as I accomplish what I can.
What we deserve right now is simply communication. Don't be a workaholic. I know that's easier said than done, but still. Get better.

In my last replies to you, I know I got a little heated about a particular incident, and I apologize for that. With your recent explanations, I understand that there were extenuating circumstances, and you weren't your normal self, and I should have known better, because that sort of thing was out of character for you. So I wholeheartedly apologize for that. Get better.
EightBitz is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 30th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
So ----ing take care of your ----ing self. And get better.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old September 30th, 2018, 03:49 PM
I have to back Daplunk on this one... sound advice Rob and probably exactly what the doctor order (though perhaps without the colorful additives)!

Do get better and a weeks progress report will most likely go a long way...
Grey Mage is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 30th, 2018, 04:20 PM
And because I know what you're like Rob. We don't need war and peace. We don't need to understand exactly whats wrong. Most people just want clarification that there is progress and what the priority is.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 30th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Thank you all again on your support for my recovery!

Here is some additional information in response to a couple of the queries posted above. This information was largely outlined in a separate thread (mentioned by @Acenoid), which it linked below. I'll revisit the topics in this thread to avoid confusion for those who haven't yet seen that thread.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....0&postcount=16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujutsuka View Post
Why aren’t your other developers working on this?
The issues live down in the guts of a few hundred thousand lines of code that I wrote, so I'm the one familiar with that code. The issues aren't localized problems and involve interaction across multiple aspects of what's going on under the covers, so someone will need to be familiar with all of that code to figure out how to solve them. In addition, the bugs don't occur reliably, so fixing them similarly requires piecing together a puzzle across a wide span of the code.

For those unfamiliar with software development, having someone else dive in to solve problems like this would be an immensely time-consuming task and can only be performed by a small percentage of developers. Someone thrown into the deep end on this effort would take many times longer to figure them out due to the need to acquire sufficient understanding of this sizable body of code. In other words, that person would take about as long as it’s now taking me at the slow pace I’m managing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
What indications of progress have we seen exactly? Last I heard the only problem was Piazo and RW was ready and waiting as soon as they delivered. Guess not.
There are two significant components at play here. First, there are some issues with how things work under the covers that need to be resolved before we can complete and release the remaining pieces of KS backer content. These are the RW items that I’ve been working on thus far. Second, we need to get everything integrated with the changes to how the Paizo API now works so that we can launch the Content Market. For KS backers, the Content Market may or may not be of interest, but it’s critical for the publishers that provided that content, as ultimately selling the content is a key component of the agreements we entered with them at the time of the KS.
rob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 30th, 2018, 06:08 PM
@Eightbitz: I'm really sorry to hear about what happened with your mother. My heartfelt sympathies for what you must have gone through.

No apologies are necessary. I was really edgy due to the meds. So the fault lies with me for not properly recognizing what was going on within myself. Fortunately, BJ took away my keys before I crashed the family car.
rob is offline   #20 Reply With Quote