Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

chava

Old September 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Ever since I installed the new update every time I try to boot up Realm Works I get a:

Unable to contact the server to properly register this machine. Realm Works cannot continue until the machine has been properly registered with the server.

Would you like to retry the connection to the server?

Clicking yes does not actually help. My internet is working (thus being able to post this). Any thing I can do on my end to ensure the registration happens (again, since I've been using Realm Works on this computer)?
chava is offline   #1
chava

Old September 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM
The answer is apparently ... go wash my dishes and come back in an hour.

I need more patience.
chava is offline   #2
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
I'm assuming from your post that you are able to access now. Is that correct?
Joe is offline   #3
ruhar

Old September 13th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I'm getting this same problem now. Is the server having hiccups? The user is suppose to be able to work offline, but I can't even get the program to open. I'm assuming the need to register the machine is because of we're in testing mode. Yes?
ruhar is offline   #4
Saladdin

Old September 14th, 2013, 04:31 AM
I'm not able to access RW.

I installed the new update several days ago, both on my desktop and laptop, and I've been using RW since.

Today, I saved a realm on my laptop, and restored it on my desktop, making RW to restart. Since then, I can't start RW : it's always saying "unable to contact the server to properly register this machine...", even though I already registered it a few days ago and I have Internet connection...
Saladdin is offline   #5
dn3walker

Old September 14th, 2013, 05:49 AM
It seems that we can work offline but the launcher shows that "Login Unavailable." Is this still the server issue?
dn3walker is offline   #6
GunbunnyFuFu

Old September 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
It's happening to me as well...new client from sometime last week. Exported my db from my desktop, imported on my laptop (as I was going away for a conference and had some down time). Was going to try to finish the adventure for tomorrow's table top...alas.

GB
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #7
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladdin View Post
I'm not able to access RW.

I installed the new update several days ago, both on my desktop and laptop, and I've been using RW since.

Today, I saved a realm on my laptop, and restored it on my desktop, making RW to restart. Since then, I can't start RW : it's always saying "unable to contact the server to properly register this machine...", even though I already registered it a few days ago and I have Internet connection...
Did you use the Manage/Backup and then Manage/Restore to backup and restore the database from your laptop to your desktop? Had you registered your desktop previously?
davidp is offline   #8
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
It's happening to me as well...new client from sometime last week. Exported my db from my desktop, imported on my laptop (as I was going away for a conference and had some down time). Was going to try to finish the adventure for tomorrow's table top...alas.

GB
Did you use the Manage/Backup and then Manage/Restore to backup and restore the database from your desktop to your laptop? Had you registered your laptop previously?
davidp is offline   #9
Saladdin

Old September 14th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
Did you use the Manage/Backup and then Manage/Restore to backup and restore the database from your laptop to your desktop? Had you registered your desktop previously?
Yes and yes...

It's working now that the server is online again.

I used the Manage/backup/restore a lot of times, the only thing that was different this time was that I had a game session in progress on my laptop that I ended only on my desktop. Could it be the thing that made the registration on my desktop to reset ?
Saladdin is offline   #10