Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SgtWilson

Old February 8th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Hi,

I can run AB fine on my laptop, but when I run it on my HP 210 Netbook, I keep getting an error message saying that it's missing some ***.dll file ?

Anyone else got this problem ?

Cheers,
SgtWilson
SgtWilson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2010, 01:48 AM
It's really important that you tell us which DLL file is supposedly missing. That's a critical piece of info in trying to figure out what might be going wrong.

Also, what operating system are you running? And are you running with Administrator privileges or not?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SgtWilson

Old February 9th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Hi Rob,

Yes, I get an error saying can't locate component LTKRN13N.dll and re-installing the application may fix the problem. Well it does for the first boot, then I get the same error each time.

Yes, I am running the Netbook with Administrator Privileges. It's a HP 210 Netbook, Atom 1.6Ghz, 1Gb Ram, and Windows XP (service pack III).

Cheers,
Arthur
SgtWilson is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Let me make sure that I understand this. You install AB and launch the product, at which point it works. You later shutdown the computer. When you next boot it up, AB now fails to run because it can't locate the DLL file you specify above. Is that correct?

If so, that's truly bizarre and defies all scenarios I can think of.

I'd like you to double-check a few things to see if there's something we're missing here:

1. Open Windows Explorer (aka File Manager) and navigate to the location where you installed AB. What is the full path to the folder?

2. Once you locate the folder containing Army Builder, please check what additional files are present. There should be 8 files in there that start with an "L" and have the ".dll" extension, including the file being reported as missing.

3. Make sure that the above files are present after a reboot as well, since that's when they appear to be going missing.

4. After rebooting, right-click on the icon you use to launch AB. A menu should appear. Does the option "Run as Administrator" appear in the this? If so, left-click on that option. Does AB work this time?

Thanks for working with me to figure this out. I haven't run into a problem like this before.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SgtWilson

Old February 10th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Hi Rob,

All good now. I checked the folder and the missing file was present.

Then I checked the path from the Icon (properties) and discovered the path to AB was incorrect.
Not sure how that was happening?

Anyway, I deleted the AB Icon and created a new one with the correct path. All working now. Many thanks.

Cheers,
Arthur

Last edited by SgtWilson; February 10th, 2010 at 10:41 PM.
SgtWilson is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Finally something that makes sense. :-) I was coming up with no good explanations for the behavior you were describing.

Is it possible that you first installed AB into one location and then later installed it in another location? That might explain the shortcut icon pointing to a different location. I'm having trouble thinking of other scenarios under which this could occur.

In any case, I'm glad you got it figured out and that everything is running smoothly.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SgtWilson

Old February 12th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks Rob,

Not sure, but all is well and enjoying this awesome software!

Cheers,
Arthur
SgtWilson is offline   #7 Reply With Quote