Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone,

This weekend, we released version 3.0 of the Mutants & Masterminds data files! This version has some big changes in it, including a lot of data entered by forums poster Dartnet. Thanks Dartnet!

Here's what was added and changed:

Enhancements & Changes
  • Added content from Book of Magic, Hero High, Iron Age, Lockdown, Mecha & Manga, Warriors & Warlocks and Worlds of Freedom - much of this was due to the hard work of forums poster Dartnet. Thanks Dartnet!
  • Initial support for adding Mecha is now available. You can add your Mecha on the new "Mecha" tab. Note that some Mecha features aren't fully functional yet - for example, the "Armor" feature. If you want to add Armor with the proper effects, simply add the Protection power to the mecha for now. (If you don't want to see Mecha, enable the "No Mecha" setting on the "Change Settings" form.)
  • You can now specify complications on the Personal tab.
  • Complications and Background Details now always print out on the one-page character sheet.
  • Added Skill Synergies from the Masterminds Manual.
  • The mouse info for all things should now show which sourcebook it came from.
  • You can now add Headquarters in the editor.
  • Added a new drawback, "Power Loss - All Powers". This drawback is an easy way to apply a power loss condition to all your powers at once. It refunds 1-3 points, plus as many extra as you want / you GM will let you add.
  • Added a ruleset for Hero High, to make ability scores start at 8, not 10.
  • Added a house rule to give 5 skill points per power point, instead of just 4.
  • Consolidated all optional rules & source settings into a single list.
  • The Custom Power Feat / Flaw / Extra / Drawback are no longer affected by any power modifier cost multipliers. For example, adding the Custom Extra to the Disintegration power will cost 1/rank, not 2/rank, even though normal extras have their cost multiplied by 2 on that power.
  • Added a Custom Weapon Accessory with a configurable name and cost. It can be added to any weapon to represent any accessory.
  • In the "choose equipment" list, weapons and armor are now shown by category, then alphabetically (i.e. simple weapons first, then archaic weapons, etc).
  • The damage listed on mouseover summaries for weapons you own now includes your strength bonus, if appropriate.
  • Added "Aggressive Stance" and "Defensive Stance" adjustments, allowing you to trade points between attack bonus and defense.
  • Areas of effect for attack powers with areas now appear in the "Attacks" column on printed output.
  • The default power in an array now shows [Def] or (default) after its name, instead of [Alt] or (alternate). Powers in an array now show [Arr] or (array).
  • When you select "Other Power" for Magic, you now select which alternate power should be the array default.
  • Added a "Linked" extra that you can use to link powers that are in different places. For example, you can select this new extra to link a normal power with an alternate power in an array.
  • If you specify more than one portrait, the second and further portraits are printed on the second and following pages of the standard character sheet.

Bug Fixes
  • Powers in Arrays now have a fixed maximum cost of (array rank * 2), regardless of any feats, extras, drawbacks or flaws on the array. (This also applies to the pseudo-array powers like Magic.) You can restore the previous functionality by choosing the "House Rules - Array Powers Follow Parent Cost" option on the Configure Settings form.
  • Constructs no longer show non-lethal damage controls on the In-Play tab.
  • The "Illusion" power now shows its calculated radius, not its area.
  • The "Reversible" power feat can no longer be applied to the Healing power.
  • In the editor, powers are no longer created with extraneous tags. Also, the "Ultimate Power Variant" section was moved closer to the top, to make it easier to find.
  • Power settings that aren't selected now include descriptions of the powers they include.
  • Under Ultimate Power rules, Deflect is now limited to your Defense maximum rank (including trade-offs).
  • If you add an adjustment with a skill bonus, that skill will always be treated as "usable", even if you have no ranks in it.
  • Fixed a printing issue where movement entries on the one-page sheet would be moved to the second page, even though there was (barely) enough space for them on the first page.
  • Fixed a display & printing issue where linked powers would not be shown on the screen or on printouts, even if they should have been.
  • The "Normal Movement" and "Normal Abilities" extras for Shrinking now work properly.
  • Fixed a bug where powers would be displayed in the wrong order in text output.
  • The "Redirection" extra for Deflect now requires the "Reflection" extra to be present. The "Absorption" extra for Protection now requires the protection to be "Impervious".
  • When they are part of a dynamic array, linked powers no longer display an incorrect cost.
  • If the "Forbid Permanent Powers In Arrays" setting is enabled, you can no longer put permanent powers on Linked powers in Arrays.
  • All powers with the "alternate form" mechanic (Alternate Form, Dimensional Control, Battle Form) now automatically get one alternate form for free.

As usual, please let me know if you run into any problems with stuff.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 16th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Your welcome. Expect another wave after I graduate in December.

Noticed one odd bug. New skills (Gambling and Navigation) double up when you select W&W and the New Skills from the Masterminds Manual.
dartnet is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old November 17th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
Your welcome. Expect another wave after I graduate in December.

Noticed one odd bug. New skills (Gambling and Navigation) double up when you select W&W and the New Skills from the Masterminds Manual.
I think this depends from the Unique ID system implemented by the Editor, Herolab "see" them as two different things since they are in different datasets with different unique IDs.
Woodclaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old November 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the hard work Colen and Dartnet ... it's greatly appreciated

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 19th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
Thanks for the hard work Colen and Dartnet ... it's greatly appreciated
Ditto on the thanks to them!
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I just released an update with a few bugfixes, including one fix to a crash bug that Nigel Fogg and at least one other person were encountering. Please grab it now to avoid potential crashes.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old November 21st, 2009, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
I just released an update with a few bugfixes, including one fix to a crash bug that Nigel Fogg and at least one other person were encountering. Please grab it now to avoid potential crashes.
Thanks, I've just downloaded it, but I noticed that the wrong PL calculation on NPCs' defense/toughness tradeoff isn't fixed yet.
Woodclaw is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
BraveDave88

Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
That's awesome! The Mecha and Manga AND Warriors and Warlocks addons are great, thanks so much to all of you for your hard work!
BraveDave88 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
There's a glitch in the Mecha building, when you have a character with more than one language, it reports a validation error because you can't select additional languages on the MECHA. Odd, that.
Shadowchaser is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
Thanks, I've just downloaded it, but I noticed that the wrong PL calculation on NPCs' defense/toughness tradeoff isn't fixed yet.
Unfortunately it wasn't something I could fit in to this update, since I had already gone over time on it. It's definitely still on the list of stuff that needs to be fixed.
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote