Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

GodPole

Old January 12th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I hope I am placing this in the right thread. If not, please accept my apologies in advance and point me in the right direction...thanks.

So here's the issue:

In the editor.
Trying to create a new race.
The race has a Special Ability (For example: Damage Reduction 10/Good).
Click on the "Special Abilities" button on the tab for the new race, select "Damage Reduction, Good" from the list.
"Edit Bootstraps" window is now open.
Click on the "Value?" dropdown box for "Damage Reduction, Good".
The Values "-None-", "Max Bonus", "Maximum bonus", and then numbers, starting at 1 and increasing from there.
The numbers 5 and 10 are not listed.

This issue occurs regardless of which Special Ability Bootstrap you are trying to set a Value? for, so I don't think it is a dataset issue as much as it is an issue with the core app.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

-GP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bootstrap.jpg (201.8 KB, 7 views)
GodPole is offline   #81
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 25th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Some unique magic weapons that have a Gizmo using Composite longbows are throwing an error when first added to the character. The error is:

Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists
Location: 'creation' script for Component 'BaseWep' near line 17

This only appears once and does not seem to do anything bad, unlike some errors which pop up every time you change something on the hero.
Lawful_g is offline   #82
tkarn

Old January 28th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Hallo, I tried to give a full backpack to my light horse. Than I encountered the following error:

HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details:

C:\HeroLab\HeroLab.exe
3.6g 231
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x00446b50
Type: bad read
major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7600, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1

Or you can find them here:

C:\Users\Heiko\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror1308.txt
tkarn is offline   #83
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 28th, 2011, 10:06 PM
There is a problem with Extra Wild Shape, and it's hard to solve. The cDrdWild1 class special ability does not add hTotal to what is eventually prints out. As a result, the total that actually gets printed out for number of uses per day is never changed by the hTotal. I worked on this for nearly 2 hours before I realized why it wasn't working.

There is a tagcount[Hero.ExtraWild] that does get added into the final total, but 1) I'm not sure what it does, can't decipher the kit references as I'd like to (tagcount confused me, you're counting the # of tags?), and 2) the hTotal on cDrdWild1 gets incremented but is never used in the script at all. In fact, I can't even find what ExtraWild is used for except for here. I'm sure it's my inexperience with this stuff showing.

Sorry, this should have been placed in the Community Data Set, though it's also valid here, since the script seems wrong on Wild Shape and Smite abilities. It is statically assigned it's total (and not the hTotal), if I'm understanding it correctly.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; January 29th, 2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Belongs in Community Created 3.5 data set as well.
Kendall-DM is offline   #84
Lawful_g

Old January 29th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Rake attacks are being listed as secondary, which means that their attack bonuses are 5 lower than they should be. See my other post about needing a new damage tag.
Lawful_g is offline   #85
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hot dang, I figured out how to fix Wild Shape. The ExtraWild tag has to be assigned to the hero twice to get the tagcount 2 higher to add to Wild Shape uses per day. Unfortunately, that doesn't fix the problem with the Elemental Wild Shape uses per day (you get 1 extra with Extra Wild Shape) nor does it fix the same problem with Smite, as neither has a tag like ExtraWild associated with it. In those, a static number is added in, and since that static number is a temporary variable, it can't be changed externally. Applies to Remove Disease and Rage as well, and probably a few of the srd prestige class powers, but I didn't check these.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; January 29th, 2011 at 08:35 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #86
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 5th, 2011, 09:16 AM
When creating a double weapon, when designating the secondary critical modifier for the other end of the weapon, it lists 2 and 4 but is missing 3.
Kendall-DM is offline   #87
Snowpaw

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:28 PM
When creating a Duskblade I found that it gives me bonus 0 level spells known for high int mod, which will never be used.
Snowpaw is offline   #88
risner

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpaw View Post
When creating a Duskblade I found that it gives me bonus 0 level spells known for high int mod, which will never be used.
That should go in the community thread, as I don't think it is from WolfLair
risner is offline   #89
Snowpaw

Old February 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Sorry...I was directed here for bug reports from the the thread for Lawful G's big compilation of stuff...
Snowpaw is offline   #90
Closed Thread