Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

ChrisRevocateur

Old November 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I can't answer for Holy Vindicators, but I'll say I've never had much in the way of problems transferring my characters from HL to CM.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Weasel

Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
I can't answer for Holy Vindicators, but I'll say I've never had much in the way of problems transferring my characters from HL to CM.
Do you have the module that would provide the HV for your HL? If so, could you run an experiment and see if it works (everything is populated).
Weasel is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
At least with the latest versions of both HL and CM, the HV PrC is not dropped.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Weasel

Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
At least with the latest versions of both HL and CM, the HV PrC is not dropped.
Thanks for the reply. So all the spells show up? That is my concern, I tried several PCGEN drop in PCr for CM and none of the spells show up, and in the case of the HV it just turned the HV into a paladin. I created one with pencil today...eech, took a long time and then I had to force CM to take it as a HV.

Cheers

Chris
Weasel is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Weasel

Old November 24th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Ok, I will buy and see if CM and HL work fully. I guess no one else uses these two programs so the hard route is the only route.
Weasel is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old November 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I use both.

Let me exactly the things to make in a HL character and I'll import it using CM and get with you over the results.

I'll say this - in the past, there have been some issues with created characters not importing correctly into CM (both HeroLab and PCGen characters) but a short note to Kyle resulted in a fix within a few days/week or two.

That's true of every issue I've reported to Kyle, so I for one wouldn't worry.
enrious is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Weasel

Old November 25th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrious View Post
I use both.

Let me exactly the things to make in a HL character and I'll import it using CM and get with you over the results.

I'll say this - in the past, there have been some issues with created characters not importing correctly into CM (both HeroLab and PCGen characters) but a short note to Kyle resulted in a fix within a few days/week or two.

That's true of every issue I've reported to Kyle, so I for one wouldn't worry.
Thanks once again. I really like CM and it was the first free program I have ever donated too. In regards to HV, anything will do, I just want to know if it will populate CM correctly for the prestige class. As stated near the start, it just turned the paladin 5/HV 8 into a paladin 13 from pcgen (to date no fixes for pcgen from Kyle for CM, but pcgen is clumsy anyway). My concern is will it do the same from HL, or will it keep both sides of the house? The character doesn't even need to be complete I guess, just the two classes and HV special spells.

****my friend with HL finally created a spell caster for me so I could test spells from HL into CM, which worked correctly. He said he would create the HV for me, but it took him 2+months to create the MU****

Last edited by Weasel; November 25th, 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: text
Weasel is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Weasel

Old November 25th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Ok, I bought HL to run my own tests, even if I do lose money on exchange if I opt out. I am going to see how hard it is to create my own stuff etc.

****Ok, for those who were wondering, combat manager does populate correctly with HL, the vindicator showed up with all his special abilities and spells.****

Last edited by Weasel; November 25th, 2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added info
Weasel is offline   #18 Reply With Quote