Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone,

New M&M 2nd and 3rd edition data files are now available from the Hero Lab updates mechanism! Here's the list of changes for these versions:

MM3:

Enhancements & Changes

* Arrays can now be flagged as Removable or Easily Removable.
* You can now put Linked Effects inside Multiple Effects.
* The "(Strength Bonus) Strike" power has been renamed "- Strength Effect -". It's now automatically set to the number of ranks you put into your Strength score, and allows you to take extras and alternate powers based on the full cost of your Strength attribute. A similar thing was done to "(Saving Throw) Protection", which is now named "- Defense Effect -" (although you can't take alternate powers based on it).
* You can now add extra "partial" ranks of an extra or flaw, which you might do if you wanted to add extra ranks of something to a Damage effect to apply it to your Strength bonus too.
* Split the "Reach" extra into "Reach (ranged)" (which makes it a ranged attack that uses your Dexterity ability score) and "Reach (melee)" (which makes the attack keep using your Fighting ability score).
* Added a new "Power Points" permanent adjustment that can be added on the Personal tab, to increase or decrease the number of PP available to the hero.
* Added Adjustments and Conditions to the editor.
* Complication text is now included in full statblock output. Also, the power names are listed in bold to make them easy to spot.
* A "Grab" attack is now included, which can be boosted by the Close Combat skill.
* Added Expertise skills for every ability score. You can add non-default Expertise skills by clicking "Add New Skills" on the Skills tab.
* You can now add an "Indestructible" extra to removable powers, and tag a device or removable array as indestructible.
* Added a "Custom" option which you can select for the Immunity power.

Bug Fixes

* The Offense section and power settings were being skipped in statblock output.
* Skills were still being charged at 4 points per rank in a number of places.
* Equipment points are now properly charged for equipment on Vehicles and HQs.
* Many Power Options were not letting you enter text, for example on the Movement, Immunity and Senses powers.
* Active defenses are now halved / zeroed when you are Vulnerable / Defenseless.
* If you put power points into a defense and then add Immunity to it, you are now still charged the points cost for it, in case the immunity is temporary. If the immunity is permanent, remove power points from the defense before making yourself immune to its effects.
* The Quick Draw advantage is no longer ranked.
* You can now specify an opponent for the Favored Foe advantage.
* The Improved Critical advantage now lets you select a device or linked power set to have their critical values improved.
* The Skill Mastery advantage now lets you pick from a skill, instead of entering text.
* The Turnabout extra for Teleport now has a flat cost.
* Removed an extraneous Platform flaw for flight.
* Growth now correctly gives a Toughness bonus for heroes with no Stamina score.
* A label on the Special tab was using the old Feat terminology.
* The Regeneration power summary is now more precise about the number of rounds it takes to regenerate.
* Natural attacks like Grab, Throw and Unarmed are no longer visible on the Equipment tab.
* The Affects Corporeal extra is now charged at a flat cost, as per errata from Green Ronin.
* Added another version of the Unreliable flaw, so you can choose between a roll or having 5 uses of the power.
* Corrected how the "Extra Condition" extra for Affliction works.
* The first few entries for Time and Volume were not displaying correctly on the Measurements table.
* Added a 0-cost Concealment Attack extra, as per errata from Green Ronin.
* Hero Lab was not warning you when multiple powers under an array were active at the same time, and was incorrectly activating powers on an array when they were created.
* Devices created as alternate effects were not having their maximum cost calculated properly.

MM2:

Enhancements & Changes

* You can now add extra "partial" ranks of an extra or flaw, which you might do if you wanted to add extra ranks of something to a Damage effect to apply it to your Strength bonus too.
* Added a new "Power Points" adjustment that can be added on the Adjustments tab, to increase or decrease the number of PP available to the hero.
* Added a "Custom" option which you can select for the Immunity power.

Bug Fixes

* If you put power points into a saving throw and then add Immunity to it, you are now still charged the points cost for it, in case the immunity is temporary. If the immunity is permanent, remove power points from the save before making yourself immune to its effects.
* Equipment points are now properly charged for equipment on Vehicles and HQs.

Last edited by Colen; September 7th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
As far as I know (and as per current discussion on the Atomic Think Tank) the Alternate Effects for Strength Damage (Pages 93-94 of DCA) only apply to the Damage Effect of Strength, and should therefore be 1 point per Rank of Strength, not the full 2. You might want to double-check with Green Ronin on that.

BTW, thanks for the Alternate Expertise. It'll make it a lot easier to add Expertise (Survival) to animal writeups now that I can base them on Awareness.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds

Last edited by charlieluce; September 3rd, 2010 at 07:18 PM.
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:06 PM
Updates are always welcome Colen, but there still some fixes for the 2E version, I'll see fi I can send you something for the next week.
Woodclaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 4th, 2010, 09:22 AM
^_^ Noticed that the fix for increasing the size of area in the short description when Progression is not added is still not present. I have a version rigged for use at home based off of the code in Nullifying Field which I think I posted before. I can post it again if you'd like.

And I can't remember if this was the case before... after loading the beta, I have to recompile my .user files to get their rules to work.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Another thing: The Character Archetypes in DCA appear to indicate that Strength-based Close Combat attacks use Close Combat: Unarmed (or possibly Grab, I suppose). This would be another thing to double-check with Green Ronin.

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 6th, 2010, 06:39 PM
A couple more things:

The stat block outputs are still showing (????) after Close Combat and Ranged Combat, even after I set the attacks in the Skill tab.

Since Shapeshift is built off Variable, shouldn't it have access to the Action and Slow modifiers?

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old September 7th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
As far as I know (and as per current discussion on the Atomic Think Tank) the Alternate Effects for Strength Damage (Pages 93-94 of DCA) only apply to the Damage Effect of Strength, and should therefore be 1 point per Rank of Strength, not the full 2. You might want to double-check with Green Ronin on that.

BTW, thanks for the Alternate Expertise. It'll make it a lot easier to add Expertise (Survival) to animal writeups now that I can base them on Awareness.
There seem to be discrepancies on the AE pp from Strength, but I agree that only the 1pp per rank of Strength seems to be correct from the Quickstart guide. JonL Has stated otherwise (can't find the post at the moment) but he may have been in error.

I would suggest Colen double-check that with Steve and JonL to clear that up.
Shadowchaser is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Thanks, I'll double check this for the next update.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
^_^ Noticed that the fix for increasing the size of area in the short description when Progression is not added is still not present. I have a version rigged for use at home based off of the code in Nullifying Field which I think I posted before. I can post it again if you'd like.

And I can't remember if this was the case before... after loading the beta, I have to recompile my .user files to get their rules to work.
If you can send me it, that'd be great - I was rushing to get the release out before I left for the holiday weekend, so I didn't have time to go through my list of 2e issues.

What do you mean by "recompile your .user files"? They should be automatically recompiled every time you import a new set of M&M data files...
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Another thing: The Character Archetypes in DCA appear to indicate that Strength-based Close Combat attacks use Close Combat: Unarmed (or possibly Grab, I suppose). This would be another thing to double-check with Green Ronin.
This would be something you can set on the Close Combat skill - you can set it as applying to as many attacks as you like. So with Close Combat: Unarmed, you could make it apply to your unarmed strike, your grab, and to any other attacks you have if you wanted.
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote