Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Madmaxneo

Old July 31st, 2016, 06:10 AM
I do not know about anyone else but this content market thing has been taking a long time to get done, in fact it is taking to long. I am going to Gencon but at this point I want to avoid the Realm Works booth because I do not want to see yet another preview of features that have not been implemented yet as I have done for the "last two years".

Yes, it was two years ago that I first purchased Realm Works and then went to Gencon and saw the demo for the calendar and was really excited for it and other features. In fact they mentioned it would be implemented soon and then it got thrown to the back burner. They also talked about the content market but it did not seem that important at the time.

I know your answer is probably going to be "soon" or you are not sure and can't even give an estimate. As it stands right now that makes me think it will be more than a year plus till we see the content market and who knows how long till we see the calendar feature.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dubya

Old July 31st, 2016, 06:34 AM
The calendar is what made RW stand out for me as well. This is the guesstimate that we were given by Rob back on February 3rd 2015:

"It’s highly unlikely that calendars will be available before the end of this year. It’s much more likely that they will finally be available in the first half of 2016. That’s a complete GUESS, but it’s based on what I know about our current timelines and projections, as well as the survey results. At this point, I can’t do anything better than this guess, and there are lots of things that could occur between now and then that could shift things around some."

Who knows?
Dubya is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old July 31st, 2016, 06:57 AM
I can understand their approach, since the ability to sell modules instantly creates additional revenue.
And I might even buy one or two generic supplements, someday.

But still, in my eyes the long-time-ago-promised abilities to create custom calendars and to share my own data within my realms is way more usefull than getting commercial datas to me / us. And it would do wonders for building and sustaining a stable user base.
Greebo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old July 31st, 2016, 09:13 AM
You've been waiting two whole years?

Pfft. Amateur.
MaxSupernova is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old July 31st, 2016, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
You've been waiting two whole years?

Pfft. Amateur.
LOL...yeah that is when "I got sucked in". That may be a harsh statement but that is essentially how I feel. I really like RW but there are some things that are really needed that are still missing that were talked about at least 2 years ago that I know of.

BTW, did the player edition ever get the option to add player summaries or notes? I remember hearing about that and is one of the things that got my players interested. Though TBH I have to really prod (cattle prod) them to even glance at the updates I do.....lol.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old July 31st, 2016, 04:23 PM
With the way I use RW, it's been stagnant from my point of view for a couple of years. I rarely even use it now.

Yes, I know there has been lots going on & the dev team are working hard on it. There have been massive changes behind the scenes. But from my usage it hasn't changed much at all.
DMG is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mithosaurion

Old August 2nd, 2016, 03:53 PM
It is a sad state of affairs, but I am holding out hope. But you are correct on many points. I have a hard time recommending it to others when I get asked about it. I do and I warn them about the long wait for updates, but I feel bad about doing so...
Mithosaurion is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Asmo

Old August 3rd, 2016, 01:16 AM
I'm also a bit disappointed. I want to use the campaign i'm dm'ing for friends with my kids, but there is no way to copy it.
Tempted to look for alternatives.
Asmo is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old August 3rd, 2016, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
I think many people here are looking for alternatives. But as far as I know there are none. Not yet.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old August 5th, 2016, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
I'm also a bit disappointed. I want to use the campaign i'm dm'ing for friends with my kids, but there is no way to copy it.
I'm constantly looking at software that will enhance my game prep and play. There just isn't anything out there that meets my needs like RW.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote