Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Toblakai

Old May 30th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I think we need to start accepting that development on RW has ended.
I suspect they were down to one developer on RW and the rest were on server work for both HLO and RW. Then the RW dev quit and they hired a new one (they said they did). takes a bit to get up to speed so maybe we will see some movement in development.
Toblakai is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 30th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Maybe but its been a very long time since we've even seen a bug fix patch.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old May 30th, 2018, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Maybe but its been a very long time since we've even seen a bug fix patch.
You're going to have a hard time squashing bugs if you're still learning the code.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 31st, 2018, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
You're going to have a hard time squashing bugs if you're still learning the code.
First thing I do with a new coder is put him on bug fix work. I've never heard of a new coder being put on new features.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old May 31st, 2018, 06:55 AM
Quote:
First thing I do with a new coder is put him on bug fix work. I've never heard of a new coder being put on new features.
And while the developer can be very good, it still takes a minimum of 1 to 2 months to learn everything, and even then they still won't know everything.

I'm starting to agree with others and feel that RW is going to be a dead product by years end if we don't see the Content Market within next few months.

There is only so many promising that LWD can make and they've used them all up I feel at this point.
joepacelli is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old May 31st, 2018, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Yeah, but are the small bug fixes a new developer can fix worth going through the release process for? Probably not util something major is fixed.
Toblakai is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 31st, 2018, 08:03 AM
I suspect they are sitting on any bug releases because they are sitting on content that is ready to release. If they release a patch that breaks something they may need to apply that fix to all the ready content prior to a green light on launch. Therefore if they believe they really are just waiting on Paizo they will not push any updates until that is done out of fear of causing another delay.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Erdrix

Old May 31st, 2018, 09:53 AM
When was the last time a dev has even posted anything? From what I've seen they've completely ignored this forum. Giving no information at all is very worrisome.
Erdrix is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old May 31st, 2018, 10:37 AM
Communications in general from LWD are in decline. Look at the newsletter frequency - up to mid 2017 they sent out a monthly newsletter. Middle of last year it looks to be 1 every other month and this year only a single newsletter in February.

The last facebook post on the official realm works page is in december and it addresses the kickstarter crowd, that's 5 months without a facebook update. I know facebook is dying, but wow.

The LWD twitter account has very little mention of any other of the software titles except of course HLO.

So, I'm thinking the directive from top down is to not put any emphasis or draw attention to the product right now. Not sure what that means for the product itself, but watching the monthly spike in user speculation on these forums has been amusing.
dungeonguru is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old June 4th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Quote:
I think we need to start accepting that development on RW has ended.
Sadly, I agree. Personally I’ve soured on LWD and not just RW. I won’t be spending money with LWD unless things change a lot. However, I’m having trouble not checking back here every month though. I put so much time and love into RW I keep hoping for a change.
meek75 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote