Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Micco

Old October 30th, 2015, 07:08 AM
I reported this as a bug, but wanted to post to see if there is something I'm doing wrong. My players report that they can filter on a word and get a list of all topics that contain that word in the Navigation pane, even when it isn't in the text that they can read.

Obviously, this is a big issue if you don't want players to know that there is some link between topic A and topic B.

I have the word in lots of topics that are only tangentially related, so it isn't a campaign-destroying bug. But it could be for someone! I do think I'll go add some key words to a whole bunch of topics just to provide red-herrings.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is it something about the way I've configured my realm? Is this not new and I've been clueless all this time?
Micco is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Are you running that latest build 205 (from last Friday)? If so and your players are seeing topics they shouldn't, it's definitely a bug. I haven't seen your bug report, so please make sure to specify some of the topics that are being disclosed that shouldn't. Otherwise, we won't know what to zero in on as the potential problem.

Thanks!

Edit: There was a bug along these lines that we fixed in build 201 (for details, see the release notes). That's why it's important to be running build 205.

Last edited by rob; October 30th, 2015 at 01:29 PM.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Micco

Old November 9th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Definitely still in the system. I'm running 206 now, and I can still enter the word "fey" and will see all the entries that contain that word, even if the snippet is still hidden from the players. It is showing up in all the topics. I've even gone in and added the phrase "red herring fey" to several topics in unrevealed snippets. They are also showing up in the navigation pane.

I'm using Player View to confirm now, but my players originally reported it to me on Oct 30 and I was up to date with the latest version at that time.
Micco is offline   #3 Reply With Quote