Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TCArknight

Old December 1st, 2017, 07:22 AM
Files on the GitHub link have been updated. Please let me know if see any issues or have any suggestions.

TC

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post

Last edited by TCArknight; December 1st, 2017 at 07:58 AM.
TCArknight is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:50 AM
TCArKnight,

I am getting a error that says

File: Rifts.1st(Line 7) - Invalid Top level element tag

Any idea what is causing this error?

Salcor

Last edited by salcor; December 2nd, 2017 at 10:44 AM.
salcor is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old December 3rd, 2017, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
TCArKnight,

I am getting a error that says

File: Rifts.1st(Line 7) - Invalid Top level element tag

Any idea what is causing this error?

Salcor
Hmmm.... that is odd. I'm not getting that error or seeing an issue with the file. Could it have gotten corrupted when you pulled it? I've attached the correct file, just in case. (had to upload as rifts_1st.txt, just rename it to rifts.1st)

Try that and let me know if that works?

Thanks!
TC
Attached Files
File Type: txt Rifts_1st.txt (3.6 KB, 4 views)

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old December 3rd, 2017, 04:53 PM
I deleted all of the files and then re downloaded them and it works. I like how you are going about it. So all of the Iconic framework abilities are "racial" abilities. I am going through what you have and doing some bootatrapping and auto adds. How do upload what I accomplish to you?

Salcor
salcor is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old December 3rd, 2017, 07:37 PM
you could email me at TN_Clegg AT lycos DOT com and just attach what you have. I’ll merge it in with the main file.

I would love to have made a “Class Ability” component and use that with a separate tab (now that I think about it, it wouldn’t be hard to duplicate existing Racial Property stuff and have it on a separate tab.)

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old December 8th, 2017, 06:27 AM
I’ve created the new components and a tab (including summary display) for them. (Uploaded to Github).

One thing i’m also reworking is adding a Helper component to store Expressions for use of any table/chooser selections. This will simplify the Racial Properties display tab by removing the hard coded dynamic table portals and allowing for one portal to display any necessary selections.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old December 8th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
I’ve created the new components and a tab (including summary display) for them. (Uploaded to Github).

One thing i’m also reworking is adding a Helper component to store Expressions for use of any table/chooser selections. This will simplify the Racial Properties display tab by removing the hard coded dynamic table portals and allowing for one portal to display any necessary selections.
Sweet I will take a look this weekend.
salcor is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old December 10th, 2017, 03:29 PM
I have some questions with some of the data that I am entering into the Savage Rifts set. I am working one the glitter boy, but first. How do I identify what the portal is for an auto-added item. With auto-add both the Glitter Boy PA and the Wilk's laser pulse pistol both appear, but the NG-2 survival pack does not.

Next question, it is possible to have certain attributes replace a character's attributes instead of adding to it? The Glitter Boy Power Armor has an inherent strength of d12+4. Is it possible to have that replace the character's base strength when the power armor is selected in the heavy tab?

Thanks.
Salcor
salcor is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old December 10th, 2017, 05:04 PM
So here is my completed stuff for the Glitter Boy.

Name: Noble
Race: Dog Boy
Iconic Framework: Glitter Boy
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+7, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d8, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Notice d8, Repair d6, Shooting d10+2, Stealth d6, Survival d4, Tracking d6+2
Pace: 6, Parry: 6, Toughness: 11, Charisma: 0, Max Strain: 5, Current Strain: 1, PPE: 0, ISP: 0
Gear: Unarmed Strike d8 (Str), Grenade, High Explosive d10+2 (3d8, 5/10/20), NG-LG6 Laser Rifle d10+2 (3d6+2, 25/50/100), Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol d10+2 (2d6+1, 18/36/72), Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol d10+2 (2d6+1, 18/36/72), SFD Huntsman Lightweight Personal Armor (+6), SFD Huntsman Lightweight Personal Armor (+6), SFD Huntsman Lightweight Personal Armor (+6), NG-S2 Survival Pack, Toolkit

Cyberware:
• Cyber-Wired Reflexes: The cyborg’s Agility is increased one step for each application of these artificial nervous system enhancements and hard-wired celerity systems. Each step past d12 adds a +1. This particular enhancement is a requirement for many other upgrades.

Special Abilities:
• Enemy (Coalition): Someone is out to kill you
• Enemy (Federation of Magic): Someone is out to kill you
• Hard of Hearing: -2 on auditory tasks or cannot hear at all
• Heroic(*): Never says no to a person in need
• Outsider: Shunned foreigner; -2 Charisma except with own kind
• Wanted (CS Renegade): Sought by authorities for crime
• Breed Advantage (Strong): The various breeds of canine provide distinct genetic advantages for individual Dog Boys. Some are fast, others strong, still others astoundingly good trackers.

This Edge may be taken more than once to represent a breed more fully expressing itself over time, but only once per Rank. The GM has final approval over each choice to ensure it makes sense. Each time the Edge is taken, choose one of the following advantages:

Attribute Bonus: The Dog Boy’s Strength increases by one die type, and the Trait maximum is increased by a like amount. This stacks with the regularly allowed once-per-Rank attribute increase available for Advances (for example, allowing Strength to be increased two die types over the course of Novice Rank).
• Danger Sense: Notice roll at -2 to sense danger
• Marksman: If no movement, gain Aim maneuver; Max ROF is 1
• Big and Shiny: Glitter Boys suffer -8 to Stealth Rolls and +2 to hit from Man-sized opponents
• Breed Advantage: Breed Advantage Edge
• Closed Off: Glitter Boys cannot use magic or psionics while in their suit. Such powers can be used by others can still affect them.
• Fully Trained: All Glitter Boy Pilots begin with the Power Armor Jock Edge.
• Glitter Boy Armor: Glitter Boy pilot would not be a thing with their pre-Rifts Power Armor of the highest caliber.

Glitter Boy Armor: Size 3, +18 MDC Armor, +6 Toughness
Pace 10 (Run d10), Swim Pace 6
Notes: Enhanced Strength (d12+4), Half-damage from Lasers, Life Support
(Self-contained breathing, immune to heat, cold, radiation, environmental toxins, and disease.) Full electronics suite (+2 to Notice Checks, Off-sets 2 points of Shooting Penalties)
Weapons
Boom Gun
Range: 250,500,1000
Damage: 4d12+6 AP 25 MBT, Mega-Damage
ROF: 1
Shots: 1000
Melee
Damage: Str+d6 Mega Damage, not considered Unarmed
• Glitter Boy Enemies: The Coalition view Glitter Boys as a major threat, and few in the Federation of Magic consider them friends either.
• Heroic Legacy: A Glitter Boy pilot gets a +2 Charisma. If the Glitter Boy armor is stolen, word gets around quickly and the theif is targeted by Glitter Boy pilots across North America.
• Highly Technical Machinery: The Glitter Boy Armor Systems are subject to the Technical Difficulties setting Rules.
• Keen Sense of Smell: Dog Boys have a sense of smell similar to their canine counterparts. They gain a +2 bonus on Notice checks based on smell, as well as +2 on all Tracking rolls.
• Many have Fallen: Numerous Glitter Boys fell to defend the world, leaving plentiful salvageable parts. Serious repairs cost 250,000 credits and Severe ones 500,000 credits.
• Outsider: Dog Boys are awkward around human populations, and people outside the CS may be frightened of them because they are so closely identified with that regime. They have the Outsider Hindrance and a −2 Charisma with everyone except other Dog Boys.
• Psychic Sense: Dog Boys have the inherent ability to detect arcana, interpreting it as a scent. They use the Notice skill (with their Keen Sense of Smell bonus) to detect the presence and location of psychic or magic energies, beings, or items. They can also use the Tracking skill (also with the Keen Sense of Smell bonus) to follow a specific magical or psionic entity. This sense works to detect anything psychic, magic, or supernatural, including invisible and astral beings. Psychic Sense doesn’t work inside sealed armor or vehicles. Cybernetic implants also cause problems; every point of Strain imposes a −1 penalty when the Dog Boy uses his Psychic Sense (the Cyber-Psychic Alignment Edge can negate this penalty). See sidebar on page 61.
• Restricted Path: No capacity for arcane magic and cannot access PPE.
• Stand By to Fire: The Glitter Boy cannot move and fire its Boom Gun on the same round. This is why some carry other firearms as alternatives for when they need to move and shoot.
• Wanted: Dog Boys operating outside of CS control are wanted by the Coalition, and there’s always a fair bounty for bringing one in.
• Weakness (Ley Line Hypersensitivity): Dog Boys lose their Psychic Sense on or close (within 2” or 4 yards) to a ley line. Ley Line storms cause a level of Fatigue from severe headaches and distress as for a psychic (which does not stack if they have the Arcane Background), but their Fatigue requires an hour to recover after the storm ends.

Hero's Journey:
• Cyber: Cyber-Wired Reflexes: Your hero wants to give that Juicer a run for his money, so he got a level of Cyber-Wired Reflexes installed.
• Exp. and Wis.: Danger Sense: She always gets a strange tingling in the back of her neck when things are about to go all pear-shaped. She’s seen enough trouble to know when it’s coming. Your character has the Danger Sense Edge.
• Ranged: NG-LG6: Gain an NG-LG6 Laser Rifle
• Training: Combat: You have some Combat Training.
• Training: Combat Edge: Marksman: Constant battle, for cause or survival, means your hero knows a great deal about combat. Select one Combat Edge; you may ignore all requirements except where an Edge has a specific predecessor (such as with Improved Frenzy; your character must have Frenzy first).

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Copyright © 2004-2017 by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. All rights reserved.
salcor is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old December 10th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
I have some questions with some of the data that I am entering into the Savage Rifts set. I am working one the glitter boy, but first. How do I identify what the portal is for an auto-added item. With auto-add both the Glitter Boy PA and the Wilk's laser pulse pistol both appear, but the NG-2 survival pack does not.

Next question, it is possible to have certain attributes replace a character's attributes instead of adding to it? The Glitter Boy Power Armor has an inherent strength of d12+4. Is it possible to have that replace the character's base strength when the power armor is selected in the heavy tab?

Thanks.
Salcor
This post in the Common Code Examples has the panel ids.

I think if you put a #traitcreation[attrStr] = 10 would do it in a “is this equipped/active” check would do it.

However, I think could use the creator to do an actual Power Armor, right? That should equip everything and keep it separate for the in Armor/out Armor differences...

All the pieces look good for the GB. Let me finish the Cyber-Knight and I’ll upload my latest and we can go from there.

Working on -

Last edited by TCArknight; December 10th, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
TCArknight is offline   #170 Reply With Quote