Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

entity

Old January 11th, 2007, 07:40 AM
I downloaded Card Vault and have been playing around with it before buying it to see if it accommodates my requirements.

One problem I have found is that it doesn't seem to support alternative artwork in cards (like those from Fallen Empires, Homelands, Chronicles). In particular I looked up the images for Reef Pirates, Anaba Bodyguards, Urza's Mine, and Hymn to Tourach. Maybe I just looked at those that are faulty. If not, is this something that will be addressed in future?

Also those next and previous buttons on the View Card Information popup - sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

Other than that, I think it is an amazing application. Good work!
entity is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
entity

Old January 24th, 2007, 04:13 AM
What? No reply? :\
entity is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2007, 04:19 PM
At 08:40 AM 1/11/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
One problem I have found is that it doesn't seem to support alternative artwork in cards (like those from Fallen Empires, Homelands, Chronicles). In particular I looked up the images for Reef Pirates, Anaba Bodyguards, Urza's Mine, and Hymn to Tourach. Maybe I just looked at those that are faulty. If not, is this something that will be addressed in future?
I know this was working fine awhile back. After investigating it further, the problem appears to have occurred when we switched over to using Gatherer to source all artwork. When that occurred, we had to change all of the references for all older cards, and it appears that we didn't get the multi-artwork cards converted properly.

I just checked the Wizards site and the links to older sets like Fallen Empires appear to be broken at the moment. So I can't check the conventions used by Wizards for the multiple artwork cards. Once we can determine those conventions, we can assess how much work it will be to get those cards handled correctly.

I've put this on the bug list and we'll see what we can do to get it addressed in the next update of the Magic data files.

Quote:
Also those next and previous buttons on the View Card Information popup - sometimes they work sometimes they don't.
That's an oops in how we setup the button behavior. If you click within the white region of the areas, the button will click fine. If you click within the dark areas, the click will be ignored. That's the trick to always getting it to work the way you want it to work. :-)

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
entity

Old February 20th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the reply Rob. That's good to see. Since the primary purpose for which I intend to use Card Vault is to manage my collection inventory, I'll hold out until the multiple artwork issue has been solved. As it currently stands it'll be too confusing.
entity is offline   #4 Reply With Quote