Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

BlueArcher

Old July 19th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Hi

I recently created a couple of weapons in the editor... 1) Copied a Spear and made a Yari and gave it to a PC; 2) Copied a Longbow and created a Composite Bow and gave it to another PC.

Both appear in the PC's weapons on screen but when I print the character sheets (in print preview too), the Yari appears as a weapon on that PC's sheet but the Composite Bow doesn't appear in the weapon section of the other PC.

Both weapons appear in the equipment list for their respective PC though...

Also, on two of my six PCs, the skill proficiencies do not print - all you see is a "-".

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Additional Information: So, it seems the fault with skills lays in the program. For some reason, the character cannot have any skills marked as proficient! I tried to rebuild the character from the ground up yet when I got to the skills tab, I was unable to select any. These were fine at 5th level (a while - and a few updates - back) but have failed when I recently (within the last two weeks) updated them to 6th level.

This seems to have affected the Sorcerer and the Fighter (Bannaret - Purple Dragon Knight) but the others - Cleric, Paladin, Rogue, Ranger - appear to be fine.

Last edited by BlueArcher; July 20th, 2018 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Additional Info:
BlueArcher is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BlueArcher

Old July 19th, 2018, 12:04 PM
So, it seems the fault with skills lays in the program. For some reason, the character cannot have any skills marked as proficient! I tried to rebuild the character from the ground up yet when I got to the skills tab, I was unable to select any.

This seems to have affected the Sorcerer and the Fighter (Bannaret - Purple Dragon Knight) but the others - Cleric, Paladin, Rogue, Ranger - appear to be fine.
BlueArcher is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 20th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArcher View Post
So, it seems the fault with skills lays in the program. For some reason, the character cannot have any skills marked as proficient! I tried to rebuild the character from the ground up yet when I got to the skills tab, I was unable to select any.

OK, that almost sounds like for this character you've had something change the way proficiencies work in your options? If you hit Ctrl-K on an affected character check to make sure you've not turned on any of the optional rules - Background Profiency for instance turns off the ability to apply proficiencies to the race, class and backgrounds. Which means you have to use adjustments and such to get them back (not sure why this is an option, but that's the way it is).

The printing issue you had might be a similar problem with the character options but I can't replicate it. I copied a spear, made it a longspear and it shows up on the print and statblock equipment.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BlueArcher

Old July 21st, 2018, 02:51 PM
BINGO! Checked the setting and the Optional Rules had been checked! Got to pull back the L5 version and reapply the level... Thanks Dungeonguru!!!

As for the weapons, the spear worked for me too... it was the bow that just did not work.
BlueArcher is offline   #4 Reply With Quote