Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Agonar

Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:31 PM
I am not sure what is going on here. To start, I have purchased the data packs for Run & Gun, Street Grimoire, and Bundle 1.

Anyway, a friend was giving me information for a character he built using the trial version of the software, and I was entering it into my version, so that I would have his character for my game. Everything went smoothly until I added a mentor Spirit. Well, actually, adding the mentor spirit quality didn't actually do anything, but when I selected the mentor spirit, I got a popup with a bunch of errors listed.

below is a screen shot

Any ideas? This is the first time this has happened to me.
Agonar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2015, 08:25 AM
This is a bug in the current version that's been reported by several people on our bug tracking system. I'll get it fixed for the next update.

If you find any other bugs, please report them using the stickied "Shadowrun Bug Reports" thread.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Agonar

Old January 24th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I would have posted this there, but it's hard to describe, and the bug report link doesn't allow for included screenshots
Agonar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old January 24th, 2015, 05:28 PM
To include a screen shot, file the bug report and when you get the e-mail you can reply to it with a screenshot
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Error messages in Hero Lab allow you to right-click them and copy the text, which you can then put in the bug report instead of a screenshot.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Agonar

Old January 26th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Others in my group that have purchased the same data packs are not having this trouble, so I was wondering if an uninstall/reinstall might help. However, I am wondering if there will be any problem with license activation if I do this?
Agonar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Do the characters that the others in your group have have mentor spirits? If not, that's why they're not seeing this issue - it only appears for mentor spirits. Re-installing will not change whether this issue appears or not.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Agonar

Old January 27th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Do the characters that the others in your group have have mentor spirits? If not, that's why they're not seeing this issue - it only appears for mentor spirits. Re-installing will not change whether this issue appears or not.
ib my group, 3 others with mentor spirits also have hero lab. I've sent them the portfolio I have with all of the group's PCs in them, I've even exported individual PCs to their own portfolios and sent them over, and none of them have the issue I have.

I have created a new character, and everything is fine, until the moment I select a specific mentor spirit, and then I get that error. When I change to other PCs in the portfolio, when I try to add something via adjustments, when I enta gained karma in the journal. Every change brings up that list of errors I linked. If the character in question has a different mentor spirit, then the errors reflect the spirit in question.

Since none of the others seem to have the error, even with the same portfolios I am using, I am wondering if I might not have a corrupted file or something, which is why I was thinking of a basic uninstall, reinstall. But I wanted to check if there would be any problems with reactivating the license or anything
Agonar is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2015, 09:40 AM
It sounds like the others may not be updated to the most recent version of the Shadowrun files, which is the only version where I accidentally introduced this issue.

Uninstalling and re-installing will not change anything about a the way that a bug in the data files will affect you. I'm sorry this exists, and a bug fix is coming soon.

Last edited by Mathias; January 27th, 2015 at 09:48 AM.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Another thing that will alter whether you see this error message or not - only those who have, in the Develop menu, turned on "Enable Data File Debugging" will see the error message.
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote