Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Paragon

Old August 9th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Though roundabout in how its phrased, but it does seem correct.
Paragon is offline   #321 Reply With Quote
drchinnock

Old August 12th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Max strain from Sci-Fi companion doesn't seem to be working, description has it described right. Its the die type of Spirit or Vigor, whichever is lower. But if you set both Spirit and Vigor to d6, it doesn't go to 6, it goes to 5. Seems like its upping max strain by one point per die type instead of giving the lowest die type.
drchinnock is offline   #322 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 14th, 2017, 12:22 PM
I can verify that. I'll get it fixed.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #323 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 25th, 2017, 05:11 PM
For Sci-Fi Companion it appears that none of the Power Armors or Templates add their Armor Rating to the character when equipped. Toughness just stays the same.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #324 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 25th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Power Armor is considered a vehicle. You'd use the values for the Power Armor, not the hero.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #325 Reply With Quote
BilboH20s

Old August 25th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Going through Super Heroes Companion 2, I found the following errors.

Malfunction needs to be reformatted. The first paragraph is wonky.

Stun info is different than the book and the summary text is from SPC1. If the attacker makes a touch attack, the victim gets a Vigor(or Smarts) roll first.
BilboH20s is offline   #326 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 26th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
Power Armor is considered a vehicle. You'd use the values for the Power Armor, not the hero.
That doesn't really work, though. Vehicles have a Toughness rating and an Armor rating. Power Armor only has an Armor rating that is supposed to stack, as normal, with a character's toughness (and it follows the normal stacking rules for armor in that only the highest applies... actually Clint's clarifying statement on that was "A character can't wear body armor and power armor at the same time (unless it was specifically stated to be allowed).") This comes into play in several areas when trying to figure certain things out like the somewhat odd rule of how EMP grenades affect power armor (damage compared to character Toughness, minus the armor... seems odd and I may have to ask on the PEG forums about that, but that's not really important to this discussion). In any case I know that my players get very confused by not seeing the usual "5(13)" Toughness rating on their characters if they are wearing Light Power Armor, as an example. And working out how weapons affect the character along with AP and so on are commonly figured out from that perspective so I really think it should tack on the armor rating the way normal armor does to help us avoid the great confusion my entire group of players had in not seeing that value listed. (Which usually means they get annoyed at ME... I think they assume it's something I screwed up in a setting file or something, they're very mean to me, you know. )

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #327 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 26th, 2017, 01:39 PM
OK, I can see your point. That's the reason it doesn't show up, though. It's set up as Vehicle armor since Power Armor is technically a vehicle as far as Hero Lab is concerned. It was the only way to handle being able to add all the vehicle-level mods to it.
It'll need to be fixed.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #328 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 26th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
OK, I can see your point. That's the reason it doesn't show up, though. It's set up as Vehicle armor since Power Armor is technically a vehicle as far as Hero Lab is concerned. It was the only way to handle being able to add all the vehicle-level mods to it.
It'll need to be fixed.
Ah, I'm causing more coding pains, then. Sorry.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #329 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 26th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Shouldn't be a big deal. Easy to fix.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #330 Reply With Quote