Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

daplunk

Old August 19th, 2017, 05:36 PM
If there's no online mode I will be forced to jump ship to something like Fantasy Grounds.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #51
Farling

Old August 20th, 2017, 01:22 AM
Official News available at http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59009

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #52
nylanfs

Old August 20th, 2017, 02:23 PM
While we hope for the best for Hero Lab, we at PCGen will welcome any offline only users that Hero Lab loses.

Also Starfinder is coming Soon(TM) to PCGen.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylanfs (or Nylan)

Hero Lab Shadowrun 4E & 5e user
nylanfs is offline   #53
EightBitz

Old August 20th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
While we hope for the best for Hero Lab, we at PCGen will welcome any offline only users that Hero Lab loses.

Excellent! I look forward to seeing how well you support Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and Masterminds, FATE, Savage Worlds, all the community additions to Pathfinder that currently exist for Hero Lab, and the ability to migrate all the custom content I've added to my own copies of FATE and Pathfinder for Hero Lab.

I mean, if you're coming here trying to compete, you DO offer similar functionality and support, right?
EightBitz is offline   #54
Toblakai

Old August 21st, 2017, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Excellent! I look forward to seeing how well you support Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and Masterminds, FATE, Savage Worlds, all the community additions to Pathfinder that currently exist for Hero Lab, and the ability to migrate all the custom content I've added to my own copies of FATE and Pathfinder for Hero Lab.

I mean, if you're coming here trying to compete, you DO offer similar functionality and support, right?
Pretty sure they don't, plus a crappy interface to boot. I used PCGen for a year, and it never seemed to get anything right for my wizard, switched to Hero lab a couple years ago and never looked back. Plus it doesn't have the tactical console and the pre-generated adventure path encounters to import.
Toblakai is offline   #55
EightBitz

Old August 21st, 2017, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Pretty sure they don't, plus a crappy interface to boot. I used PCGen for a year, and it never seemed to get anything right for my wizard, switched to Hero lab a couple years ago and never looked back. Plus it doesn't have the tactical console and the pre-generated adventure path encounters to import.
I know. I was being just a little snarky, because I think it's bad form to advertise one product on another product's forum. I've used PCGen as well, and I won't knock it. But if I had a competing product, I wouldn't go to their forums touting its virtues.

It's one thing if I, as a user, go to a forum discussing other products I use (assuming the rules of the forum don't forbid that.) It's quite another to advertise your own product on a competitor's forum.
EightBitz is offline   #56
Exmortis

Old August 25th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Quote:

All Class.

Just removed that bookmark. HLO may or may not be my next gaming character gen software, but it has one less competitor now.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #57
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Quote:

Well hey, thanks for the well wishes! Not to worry, we have no intention of advertising in your spaces and wish you the very best with PCGen.
BJ is offline   #58
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2017, 11:27 PM
A quick update! I just finished a nearly 2000 word FAQ for everyone, but it's 2am where I live and I have to be awake at 7am, so I'll be posting it some time tomorrow after a quick edit. I apologize for the delay, I wanted to get everyone info asap but the virus I acquired at the con really slowed down my processing speeds.

If you're looking for somewhat unofficial answers you can stop by my personal Facebook page and read up on the crazy Hero Lab Online questions thread. Just mind your manners if you decide to chime in. That's my personal page, not affiliated with LWD.
BJ is offline   #59
daplunk

Old August 29th, 2017, 03:34 AM
Thanks BJ!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #60
Closed Thread