Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 15th, 2017, 02:49 AM
New version as of August 14th
Version: 1.6

Fixes:
• Changed the method of loading the XML data so it allows for loading larger files.
• Fixed an issue with smart images where the script generated an error if the image was revealed, nothing was unmasked, and the export included only revealed content. Now, instead of generating an error, the script ignores the lack of image data.
• Fixed an issue with the GUI script where the Destination file dialog was not filtering for the proper extensions according to the selected output format (Word vs. HTML).

Please read the release notes.

https://github.com/EightBitz/RWExport

Last edited by EightBitz; August 14th, 2017 at 07:48 PM.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 15th, 2017, 04:53 AM
We are going to need a new sticky somewhere or an entirely new sub forum with user-donated tools, as I am sure this is just the first of the useful things that folks will generate to handle morphing exports.

Eightbitz, congrats on paving the way, and I pray you find a job.
Bidmaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2017, 05:04 AM
Absolutely stick with Compact format. That's exactly what you should be using for stuff like this.

And I echo @Bidmaron's sentiments about best wishes for finding gainful employment quickly!

I'll need to talk to BJ about what we're going to do about user-created tools. That's something that I'd always expected once we got the export/import stuff into place, but it's also something I neglected give any serious thought to how we can facilitate. <sigh>
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old January 15th, 2017, 07:24 AM
I love that you are choosing to share this with the community and appreciate the time and knowledge you spent coming up with a solution, thanks so much Eightbitz!

If you'd like a hand with the HTML and CSS portion, I'm willing to give it a go. Mind you, I'm out of practice, it's been about 5'ish years since I last did anything with HTML/CSS, so if you'd rather take up someone else's offer or do it yourself, I completely understand

I second Bidmaron's suggestion of a repository for these type of posts, I'm sure there will be plenty of users that come up with clever solutions for doing different things with our newly found powers Github would be a fantastic way for users to contribute under the Lone Wolf umbrella, would allow for versioning control, not to mention a way to review and approve submissions. Just a suggestion, of course, I'm sure you guys will come up with a solution that works
mazzy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 15th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Eventually... Does the content market have a category for things like this? Keep the forums clean.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 15th, 2017, 10:55 AM
I think we'll need a forum for general user reviews. While I think the Grey Whatsits will be helpful, they could be overwhelmed. And it would be nice to have Grey Whatsits and community reviews all collected in the same place so we don't run all over looking for information. It may be that reviews and tools can live happily together to reduce the number of forums? And I could be totally offbase and the ability to do reviews will be tied directly to the files in the Marketplace. I'm just throwing noodles at the fridge to see what might stick....
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Eventually... Does the content market have a category for things like this? Keep the forums clean.
Not really. Nor does the Content Market current design model allow us to READILY integrate something like this. So it will require some thought. Which means it probably won't get the attention it deserves for a few more weeks, since the immediate focus is on fixing bugs in export/import/conversion and then delivering content to everyone. That's not the answer I want to be giving here, but it looks to be the reality of the situation. So, at least in the interim, the forums will have to suffice.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 16th, 2017, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Not really. Nor does the Content Market current design model allow us to READILY integrate something like this. So it will require some thought. Which means it probably won't get the attention it deserves for a few more weeks, since the immediate focus is on fixing bugs in export/import/conversion and then delivering content to everyone. That's not the answer I want to be giving here, but it looks to be the reality of the situation. So, at least in the interim, the forums will have to suffice.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the export! I can't say that enough. This is the one reason I've been holding off on really using RW.

Also, no offense, but I'm taking your name in vain while improving my PowerShell script. The fact that a plain-text snippet can have multiple ordered lists, multiple unordered lists, multiple tables, and multiple instances of unformatted text, in any order, has made my life difficult. :-p

As a user, of course, I love that flexibility. But dealing with that with the script has been challenging. I think I'm there, though. I've been able to parse out all the different blocks, in order, and now I'm parsing the blocks themselves.

I'm done with the plain text, the ordered lists, and the unordered lists, and just have to deal with the tables.

Mind you, this is all for the plain text transformation. When I'm done with that, I'll work on an HTML one which, I gather, would be easier in this regard as I can leave more of the HTML tags in place instead of tearing it apart like I am now for plain text.

Now YOU can laugh at MY pain.

Seriously and sincerely, though, thank you for this. And don't forget to take care of yourself! You're going to need your strength to deal with the angry mob outside who are just waiting to bust your chops about custom calendars. ;-D
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2017, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Also, no offense, but I'm taking your name in vain while improving my PowerShell script. The fact that a plain-text snippet can have multiple ordered lists, multiple unordered lists, multiple tables, and multiple instances of unformatted text, in any order, has made my life difficult. :-p
The <contents> of a <snippet> should all be HTML and that would be the only place that the lists, tables, etc. would be present. You should be able to take the <contents> and just treat it as HTML and be done with it. Any more and you are making life hard on yourself.

The only slight gotcha is that we use encoding of the contents so that it isn't interpreted as XML tags, but that should be straight-forward to deal with.
davidp is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 16th, 2017, 07:06 AM
@EightBitz:

Notice how we have been civil and not turned into an angry mob complete with touches and pitchforks - yet...

Nah, just kidding. :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote