Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

flawlesscowboy

Old July 8th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I'm playing a Druid and I noticed on my animal companion's character sheet that she has damage reduction. I can't figure out why this is being applied to her. Is there a way to tell (either through the UI or a debug option) why this is being applied to her?
flawlesscowboy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 10th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlesscowboy View Post
I'm playing a Druid and I noticed on my animal companion's character sheet that she has damage reduction. I can't figure out why this is being applied to her. Is there a way to tell (either through the UI or a debug option) why this is being applied to her?
I think this might be a bug. I need to address it.
Sendric is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
flawlesscowboy

Old July 10th, 2017, 06:22 AM
I found an older post that suggests that is the case because of something to do with outsiders being the first kind of template or something configured. I don't know enough to provide more detail than that.

I triple-checked everything I could to confirm that my companion should not have that feature, however, and as a standard cat she definitely should not so that seems to line up with what I found several pages back on these forums.
flawlesscowboy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 10th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlesscowboy View Post
I found an older post that suggests that is the case because of something to do with outsiders being the first kind of template or something configured. I don't know enough to provide more detail than that.

I triple-checked everything I could to confirm that my companion should not have that feature, however, and as a standard cat she definitely should not so that seems to line up with what I found several pages back on these forums.
I don't yet know where the bug is, but here is a workaround you can use for now:

Open up "3.5 - Players Handbook 1" in the editor. Go to the "Specials" sub-tab under "General". Select Booststrapper, then click on the Bootstraps button on the right (lettering should be pinkish purple and display a x19 next to it). Search for xDamRdMag and select the "Condition" button. In the text box, add the following line:

Code:
CompIs.cAniComp = 0
Re-compile (or re-load d20 system files) and your animal companion will be fixed.

Last edited by Sendric; July 19th, 2017 at 04:22 AM.
Sendric is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
flawlesscowboy

Old July 10th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Awesome! I'll definitely give this a try. I'm going to be the person responsible for adding in all the random stuff in my group so I may as well get familiar with this kind of process early.

Thanks for your help!
flawlesscowboy is offline   #5 Reply With Quote