Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Cortex System

Notices

Cgeist7

Old October 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if the traits for Serenity would be updated a'la Big Damn Heroes anytime soon? I would love to use the die traits, but run into problems when I combine Serenity and Cortex traits together.

Thanks!

CG7
Cgeist7 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 6th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Big Damn Heroes is something I'd like to add, but it has not been placed on the schedule yet (I'm afraid this is the first request I've seen for the book).

If you want to create die-based replacements for the existing traits, you can do that in the editor. Then, in the settings (the clipboard icon on the configure hero form) - select any other Cortex system (probably the Cortex core rules) along with Serenity. You'll find that all of the existing Serenity Traits have converted into die-based traits (minor into d4, major into d8). Unfortunately, the Core rules traits and gear will be available in the same lists as the Serenity versions, so you'll have to be careful about which version you select, but at least they're available.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old October 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
i second the addition to big damn heroes
flamepulse is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
burner2501

Old October 21st, 2009, 03:54 AM
I'm also for getting Big Damn Heroes added.

I also have a suggestion for when you have multiple flavors of the same system in the options like the Cortex system is done. I'd like to see a code appear on the traits and such so I can visually tell which item is from which game when I have more than one book loaded. For example, it would be nice to tell what is from Serenity and what is from Cortex Core Rules when I have both loaded via the options. All that would be needed is a small (SR) or (CR), for Serenity rules and Cortex rules respectively, on each of the traits, items, etc. This could also open up the selection screens to the use of filters to narrow down what you want to search through. This might help in when a Serenity player wants to use the die trait values as mentioned above.

On that thought, it would be nice to be able to sort the entries in selection screens by different values displayed so it is easier to find what is needed. This came up as an idea when I was browsing through gear to buy and I'd like to sort by the names of the items sometimes and sort by the gear type at other times.

Enough for my wish list for now.

Thanks for a great gaming utility.

Victor
burner2501 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 21st, 2009, 08:14 AM
Adding some sort of note as to the game system when multiple games are selected is a good idea - once I get the time to work on Cortex I'll see about getting that added.

The text filter option was intended as the beginning of a more involved search mechanism, but I don't know when that will be added to the schedule.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Cgeist7

Old November 15th, 2009, 01:23 PM
If it is going to take too much work to put the Big Damn Heroes stuff into Hero Lab, could we please have *Custom* traits and skills so that we can add them ourselves as needed? This would be a great short-term fix until the next big update.

Thanks!

CG7
Cgeist7 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old November 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgeist7 View Post
If it is going to take too much work to put the Big Damn Heroes stuff into Hero Lab, could we please have *Custom* traits and skills so that we can add them ourselves as needed? This would be a great short-term fix until the next big update.

Thanks!

CG7
you can do that in the basic editor. Ive alradey added a bunch of specialties and a few skills pretty easy.
flamepulse is offline   #7 Reply With Quote