Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Ed Reppert

Old March 22nd, 2021, 05:30 PM
There was a reported fix to doubling rings about a year ago, but I'm not sure it's working as it should.

I'm creating a character based on an interesting Youtube video Yovel posted. Character uses two starknives, so I buy him two starknives. So far, so good. At second level, add a +1 potency rune. At third level, buy doubling rings and add a returning rune to the primary weapon.

The configuration interface for the doubling rings has a checkbox labelled "transfer potency runes" and two selection lists one each for "from weapon" and "to weapon". Okay so far, but... fundamental runes, which include potency runes and (for weapons) striking runes, are automatically transferred by the doubling rings. So there should be no need to check that box -- but if you don't, when you go to the "play" tab and look at your weapons, your second starknife looks like an ordinary weapon with no runes. I can understand that on the "weapons" tab, where you buy them, because physically it is an ordinary weapon. But the transfer of fundamental rune properties should be automatic. Also, once you select a weapon for the hand on which you're wearing the gold ring, that weapon should not be available to choose for the other weapon (iron ring).

To go on, at fourth level, add a striking rune to the main weapon. No problem, but no change to the display of the second weapon. At fifth level add a disrupting rune. Now you have one +1 striking disrupting returning starknife and one ordinary starknife, and doubling rings which should duplicate the fundamental runes (but not property runes) onto the ordinary weapon. Maybe, but the "play" display doesn't show it.

At tenth level, upgrade the +1 potency rune to +2. At eleventh level, upgrade the doubling rings to greater doubling rings. Same configuration interface, same problems. The fundamental runes don't show up unless you check the "transfer potency runes" box, and the property runes don't show up at all.

Frankly, I'm not sure that checkbox should be there at all. The only thing you should need to do is specific which is the "from" weapon and which is the "to" weapon.
Ed Reppert is offline   #1 Reply With Quote