Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Alternity (user-created)

Notices

blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 10th, 2013, 06:02 AM
No problem! I think you can see what's taking me so long. I'm adding all the descriptive text so basically I'm retyping the entire book one entry at a time. Some entries have multiple options or versions. For example, for the clothing each one has 7 or 8 different options.

The good news is that I've found hidden items, like the lanthanide cells, refill kits, and the Oxymite fuel that I was able to give their own entries so that players can buy those too.
blzbob is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old September 19th, 2013, 09:35 PM
So I still have about 600 items to enter (assuming my calculations are correct). Many of them are just duplicates with different fibers or toughness but it's still a lot of work.

If you see anything weird, let me know so I can fix it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Arms and Equipment Guide (Stardrive).zip (66.0 KB, 8 views)
blzbob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
iceniqueen

Old October 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
So how do I import them into HL? I know dumb question. I have never done it before
iceniqueen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
iceniqueen

Old October 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM
Never find.

Any plan on adding Arms and Equipment guide? Not the Stardrive one but the separate one??

EDIT: Never mind :-P

Last edited by iceniqueen; October 21st, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
iceniqueen is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 21st, 2013, 07:24 PM
I believe that evildmguy was working on the Dark*Matter one but said he ran into some unusual issues with the way some of the equipment worked. That was awhile ago so I may be mistaken. I'm still working on the StarDrive one. I had to take a break for a bit. Work gets very overwhelming this time of year since I work in healthcare and I've started to run two different campaigns. I do plan on finishing it though.
blzbob is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Unfortunately, life again interrupted me and I have not gotten very far on the D*M A&E guide. My apologies.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I'm sure this is really simple but I don't know how to do it. I need to create a box where the user can enter data for equipment to make it more specific for the item.

For example, this is the description for the Celestial Navkit:

Quote:
This kit is a modified data slate built around a head-down starfinder and holosextant. The navkit's internal sensors compute horizon location in any terrain, and its repeater display lets the navigator shoot his bearings without the tedious and painstaking process of swinging a sextant. Three identifiable stars allow the user to compute his exact location on a planet's surface in about a minute. Celestial navigation doesn't rely on a vulnerable satellite network, but a heavy overcast prevents the user from shooting stars. The celestial navkit requires a planetary database for each world it's going to be used on; a world-disk costs $50. The celestial navkit provides a -2 step bonus to Navigation - {i}system astrogation{/i} skill checks.
I need to make the world-disk so that it can be selected multiple times but the user can enter whatever world it's created for.
blzbob is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old October 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Okay, on the second thing, don't make it unique, and they can have as many as they want.

As for the first, hmm. I think I will have to specify for the editor that you can enter some text for an item. Basically, same as Domain for a skill. I will put that on the list.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 30th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks. I was thinking there was a simple script I could enter myself so you wouldn't have to do any extra work.
blzbob is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old October 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Hmmm. Maybe. Let me look into that.
evildmguy is offline   #30 Reply With Quote