Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Spence

Old February 21st, 2016, 08:54 AM
I originally received my copy of RW via the Kickstarter, and then discovered my computer was unable to handle it. I recently purchased a new machine and have fired up RW's so I can use it for my games.

I have a query about new realms. My forum-search-fu can be lacking so I may have missed it.

The current overall template is for sword swinging high fantasy with classes and levels. Which is a far away from the RPG's I run as you can get.

I understand that the current template was designed to support the biggest block of gamers, and that other "realm templates" are something that will be addressed at a point far down the road.

Currently, going through every single data item to "turn off" thousands of items in order to reduce clutter is pretty daunting.

So, is there a faster way to uncheck the "shown" box for an entire entity? Not one item at a time. For instance, if I open the category "Individual" via category management, I find that an excessively long list of snippets that do not apply to a non-class/level sword swinging game. Is there a way to "uncheck" the "Shown" box for the entire category with one command? It would then be far simpler to activate the handful of needed items or add custom ones.

If this does not exist already I plan on adding it to the ever expanding list of feature requests.

The other item I plan on requesting is a second template for new realms that you can choose when creating a new realm. A "Bare Bones" template that just contains the minimum structure for RW's to be able to recognize and support. A super basic starting point for use by gamers that do not benefit from the existing template.

Not meaning to bag on the existing realm template, if I was into D&D, Pathfinder, 13th Age or similar it would be great. But for modern setting games that are not class/level based, just the task of restructuring is daunting.
Spence is offline   #1 Reply With Quote