Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

kbs666

Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:57 AM
RW is broken right now. The 64 bit release of HLC completely broke how I use RW/HLC in sessions.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Nyarlathotep

Old October 2nd, 2019, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
RW is broken right now. The 64 bit release of HLC completely broke how I use RW/HLC in sessions.
Same issue here. Is there any chance that we might see a fix for that?
Nyarlathotep is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2019, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I only learned about this issue from this thread. It seems that the various users who were playing with the 64-bit HLC while it was in Beta didn't overlap with RW users, so this bug wasn't on anyone's radar on this end. I'll investigate what's involved sometime this week.
rob is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 2nd, 2019, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
One item I would like to address before going further is the comments claiming Lone Wolf purposely launched the Content Market knowing we'd be ceasing development on Realm Works. I can promise you that is 100% untrue. I was one of those that pushed for the completion of the Realm Works Kickstarter as I believed it was the right thing to do and I believe in the product itself. We fully expected to be adding new content and features as normal in the months that followed and are saddened that this won't be the case.
One point: the Kickstarter advertised the use of custom calendars. Without that, the "completion of the Realm Works Kickstarter" is not accomplished.
Silveras is online now   #74 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 2nd, 2019, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I only learned about this issue from this thread. It seems that the various users who were playing with the 64-bit HLC while it was in Beta didn't overlap with RW users, so this bug wasn't on anyone's radar on this end. I'll investigate what's involved sometime this week.
My first response to the announcement of the release of 64-bit HeroLab was about this. In asking if it had been resolved, I noted that the executable name as different and had not reported it as a bug for that reason.
Silveras is online now   #75 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:00 PM
If you have time Rob, question 11: Is RW in cold storage indefinitely/forever or do you have plans to review the business case in xx months?

question 12: The kickstarter brought in almost 200k $, that sounds like there has been some interest in the tool. What's the reason LWD doesn't believe in RW-paid-updates? It would pay off twice, since every RW feature turns you a profit and create synergies with your HLC, becoming more useful.

Thanks!

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:03 PM
Btw Community - If ppl would release some homebrew content on Drive through and what not, it could also increase the market share of RW. Though of course it is a bit late for this idea And actually I though the content market would feature somehting like this. But yeah maybe this all requires too much manpower...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
My first response to the announcement of the release of 64-bit HeroLab was about this. In asking if it had been resolved, I noted that the executable name as different and had not reported it as a bug for that reason.
Unfortunately, it appears that the HLC team did not relay a Realm Works concern that was reported in the HLC forum. So I don't believe anybody on the Realm Works side was aware of the issue prior to me seeing it in this thread. As I indicated above, I'll be investigating the issue in the next few days.
rob is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
timgray

Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:31 PM
What I want to know is will they remove the requirement for the servers to create a realm so we can keep using it. If not then it has a time bomb built in and the program will cease to function in a big way when they shut off the server in the future.

And yeah, all hopes of seeing this open source are not going to happen. My only hope is someone reverse engineers the database and gives us a program to create a new realm without the server and then export to html the player revealed only info so we can continue to use it.

I was on the fence for a while because I hated the server requirement, but short of "the keep" this was the only other program that was not an online monthly subscription service.

And I'm not into rent-a-software when I am applying thousands of hours of my time into data entry into it.

It seems the community needs to support the product by figuring out how things work and creating our own tools that can give us the features and keep the program running. I also worry about the authentication servers being shutdown eventually causing the program to fully self destruct.
timgray is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Nyarlathotep

Old October 2nd, 2019, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Thanks Rob!
Nyarlathotep is offline   #80 Reply With Quote