Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2014, 11:33 AM
We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! Thank you to everyone for the well-wishes!

The Realm Works team is back together from their various holiday excursions. As promised, we reassessed our release plan and have posted an update on our website. Check out the latest update here!

If you have any questions, please ask them here in this thread!
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
KefkaZ

Old January 10th, 2014, 11:39 AM
How big is the bug list (in orders of magnitude) at present? Are we talking tens? Hundreds? A handful? I realize that this does not in any way reflect the complexity of the bugs in question.
KefkaZ is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KefkaZ View Post
How big is the bug list (in orders of magnitude) at present? Are we talking tens? Hundreds? A handful? I realize that this does not in any way reflect the complexity of the bugs in question.
That's something a developer (likely Rob) would need to weigh in on. Because the developer's focus right now is on fixing said bugs, there may be a delay in a response.
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JackOfAllGames

Old January 10th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Quote:
One thing you won’t see in this update is a projected release date – that’s intentional. Due to all the complexities of Realm Works, we’ve been much too optimistic in our projections, and that’s ultimately caused frustration for our fans eagerly waiting for release. Instead, we’ll outline what the team has been working on in recent weeks and what still needs to be done prior to the V1.0 release.
Makes perfect sense to me. In my opinion, dates only cause anticipation...and disappointment if missed. Facts and details are far more satisfying.

Quote:
we’ll need to do additional testing with the Kickstarter backers and Beta testers to verify everything and ensure that we’re ready to release to the public.
Just saying, if you guys would like additional help beta testing the software, I would be happy to volunteer. >_>
JackOfAllGames is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Gothi1

Old January 10th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I have a game that I want to start running in about 3 1/2 weeks. I have been hoping to use realm works to set it up. What do you guys think the likelyhood of that happening are? Good, average, or poor.

(please say good, please say good, please say good)
Gothi1 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 10th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothi1 View Post
I have a game that I want to start running in about 3 1/2 weeks. I have been hoping to use realm works to set it up. What do you guys think the likelyhood of that happening are? Good, average, or poor.

I would say the odds are poor. If the bugs are complex, they're going to take some time to fix, then they're going to take some time to test with the beta users, then they're going to take some time to test with the early access users. The likelihood of all of that happening within 3 1/2 weeks, and all coming up roses is not good.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old January 10th, 2014, 07:26 PM
I think the easy answer to "when will it be done" is: It's done when it's done.
DMG is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 10th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
I think the easy answer to "when will it be done" is: It's done when it's done.
Personally, I'm happier with that answer than I would be with another series of failed expectations.
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 10th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothi1 View Post

I think that even if it was likely that you could get RW in 3 weeks the other question is how much time do you have to really get everything into the program before your game starts and get familiar with some of the ways to use in in game as well? It definitely takes some time to get things in (although there are a few little tips and tricks that can help with that some, if you already have the text you need in some other format) but as it is even if RW was released today you don't really have a whole lot of time to have it really game ready, IMHO. That being said it shouldn't be too tough to get it included into your gaming sessions once it is released and you get your campaign into it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
KefkaZ

Old January 10th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
That's something a developer (likely Rob) would need to weigh in on. Because the developer's focus right now is on fixing said bugs, there may be a delay in a response.
That's totally fine. I'm just trying to get a sense of the scale here.
KefkaZ is offline   #10 Reply With Quote