Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Nikmal

Old November 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Dervish.
In most cases I would agree with you. But in customer service there is such a thing as respect as well. If someone comes up to you are starts to yell at you (be it internet and or even in real life face to face as a customer, if they attack your verbally, you have the right to say something back. It does not necessarily mean that you have to be respectful back to them when they are not to you. Despite the fact that Indigojones was trolling many many times over and was all over the board on his comments was very disrespectful and constantly so was told by Rob several times in a nice way that RW as being worked on and what was going on. Yet Indigojones kept commenting in a negative way and even to the point of be derisive towards the company and yet YOU think that Rob should be nice towards him still?

I think personally Rob was true to customer service and in customer service I would have done the same thing. So while you might feel you would have been without a job had you done so, I tend to disagree and am a fervent believer in respect. You get respect if you show respect first. (The golden rule, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.)

Last edited by Nikmal; November 8th, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
Nikmal is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Zelix

Old November 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM
I've been lurking these forums for months (having missed the kickstarter, much to my chagrin). I would have remained a lurker until release if it weren't for someone's blaring display of stupidity. So great is this person's lack of perspective, that it actually motivated me to create an account so that I might tell them that, "Even we lurkers can see that you're a moron". (Note the correct usage of "you're" as well as proper punctuation and the correct use of syntax/grammar.)

But I get ahead of myself. Idigojones, you really should STFU. Your lack of grammar/punctuation, apparent lack of experience, and improper logic (wiki logic fallacies and see if any of your points/arguments line up) indicate you are either a half educated adult or a child. If you take this as "flaming", you are missing the point. I'm simply informing you that Rob is correct in his assumption of your loss of credibility with the forum public. So much so, in fact, that one has come out of lurking to tell you so.

I am not so optimistic as to believe that this post will 'fix' the problem. I suspect that you will continue in your poorly written tirades, impervious to the voices and reasoning of others, and continue justifying your limited opinions with illusory correlations and the like. However, know this: I only came out of lurking to alert you to the fact that you are in err, and that I will now return to lurking full time, regardless of what you may or may not post as a response to this. This small bash-post is all that I will contribute to the flames of this thread.

Thank you for your time.
Zelix is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 8th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Indigojones,
Why can't you just drop it? You are all over the board on your comments and you even say you are yourself. One minute you are saying that Lone Wolf is awesome for letting us all know how things are going and then you are cutting them down for not letting you know enough. You want a firm date for something that is not done yet and are being told that is not going to happen and then you throw a child's tantrum basically and think that it is ok to do so.
You are not going to get the date and you attack Lone Wolf for not doing so. Entitled much? Lone Wolf is a small company, they have limited about of people working on this product and want to make sure that it is done right and are not sure themselves as to when this is going to be released and YOU want a date when this is going to come out.

Why not just drop it and accept that you are not going to get the date? Knowing full well they feel bad about that and be patient like the rest of us and know it WILL happen and as soon as possible. Fall is still in the neighborhood as to when it is going to be released and until we are told otherwise, just let it go.

Stop being argumentative, disruptive and abusive and just let them work and not need to have to deal with you. If it was my choice I would just remove your postings as a moderator I would have a long time ago... luckily I am not a moderator for this site and Lone Wolf let your comments be said and even responded to them nicely for a long time and yet you became abusive in some ways and think that it is fair.

Just be patient and let the damn thing go!!
Nikmal is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old November 8th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Nikmal just because we are allowed free speech will not keep you from being fired from a customer service position if you yell back be it physically or on the web the customer may not always be right but your behaviour is a reflection of the company and bad word of mouth may not be catastrophic but any lost business is bad business.

You are welcome to your opinion that your opinion tell me how it goes for you the next time you go off on a customer

Rob do us all a favor and lock this thread it is not productive at all

http://www.omniagroup.com/the-dos-an...tomer-service/

Last edited by Dervish; November 8th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.
Dervish is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old November 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
From that very website...

Quote:
What if the customer isn’t right.

Not everyone is so nice, and not every customer who complains has a valid gripe, so always have a plan in place to deal with the one who wants something for nothing and who will be unhappy (or a jerk) no matter what you do.
lifer4700 is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 11th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
Nikmal just because we are allowed free speech will not keep you from being fired from a customer service position if you yell back be it physically or on the web the customer may not always be right but your behaviour is a reflection of the company and bad word of mouth may not be catastrophic but any lost business is bad business.

You are welcome to your opinion that your opinion tell me how it goes for you the next time you go off on a customer

Rob do us all a favor and lock this thread it is not productive at all

http://www.omniagroup.com/the-dos-an...tomer-service/
Customer Service does not mean that a customer can walk all over you as a person either. Just because the saying "The customer is always right" does NOT mean that the customer can do what ever the hell they want to and the service rep has to put up with it. If that is the mind set you as a company or even your company promotes... then I feel bad for you as I would not work there.

Some people feel that they can do or say what ever they want and the service rep has to put up with it because the customer is always right. Respect is earned and not given. If a customer wants respect then he should treat me at least with a modicum of respect before. I will try and be nice but if the customer is acting like a jackass... then yea I will eventually say something if all means of customer service have been used and the customer is still a jackass. Then it is time to remove the customer from the place of business or to call them on it.

If your company or you would rather not do that it is up to you.. but bad customers does not mean that they can and should walk all over you. Good customer service comes with certain alienable rights that you get treated with in the parameters of common decency too. So please do not preach to me about loosing customers... even bad customers is bad for business... what is bad for business is a customer spouting lies and treating others like dirt. Imagine if that customer came in and said your price is not $5.00 but $1.00, using your theory then the customer should be able to get the product right?? Not at all... the customer has the right to be upset they are not getting what they want.. but not to get away with indecent behavior.

Last edited by Nikmal; November 11th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
Nikmal is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
DthShdw

Old November 11th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer4700 View Post
Never say "never," because it was done. It was appropriate, and well within bounds.

Receiving respect is not a guarantee when it is not given in the first place.

"The customer is always right." That's bull pucky. Many times they're wrong - and there's nothing wrong with informing them of that fact.

There were several times where I've had the opportunity to say. "Sir, you're going to have to leave this establishment." Because they were just plain wrong and didn't want to admit it. Thankfully, we had an off-duty police officer packing heat as a part-time worker to make sure they didn't argue much!
An interesting thing to note is that the phrase is actually: "The customer is always right to be upset," not "The customer is always right."

Most people clip it (without knowing it), but the idea is simple: The customer *always* has the right to be upset for any or no reason whatsoever. But that doesn't mean they are always correct. A customer comes into my store and says the price on a piece of merchandise is less than 1/4 of what *I* paid to even bring it into my store is *not* correct when I have it clearly marked for a reasonable (when compared to other stores in the same industry) profit so that I can keep my business open.

And while I agree it *could* have been stated in a kinder fashion, rob's response was far less rude than I've seen. I've had employees of companies cuss me out when I pointed out that they were still advertising a special that they themselves said was supposed to have stopped a week prior (in-store advertising said "buy this and get this as well!", but the clerk stated that the deal was supposed to have been over and no one thought to take down the in-store ad). I applaud rob's self-control, and am hoping for as few continued delays as possible. However, I know software production is a nightmare, which is why I never continued with my own programming skills.
DthShdw is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old November 12th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Hey Rob and/or Liz, when is the next update coming?
karpomatic is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old November 13th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
i was going to buy realm works when it came out and a number of my friend are however in light of your bottom line rob and a complete lack of customer service skills i won't be supporting this or any other future ventures your company undertakes and i will do my best to let the virtual tabletop community know as well
Well, I would bet the rest of the community here will be (or already are) singing a vastly different tune about the product and the customer service tendencies of LWD. Your total inability to use capitalization will probably further reduce whatever credibility you might have with the VTT community.

Dear Rob and LWD. Please continue the good work.

Cheers!

Gary
weogarth is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karpomatic View Post
Hey Rob and/or Liz, when is the next update coming?
One should be coming soon. I believe the latest update indicated that Rob would send another update on Tuesday (yesterday) or Wednesday (today).
liz is offline   #90 Reply With Quote