Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

crobledo

Old July 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Love the new 4.0 sheets! My only problem so far is I have SO many items that the second page runs more than one page long, and the browser doesnt know how to deal with that. My 3rd page comes out blank (edit:when I print it. Looks fine in print preview).

Last edited by crobledo; July 19th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
crobledo is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 19th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobledo View Post
Love the new 4.0 sheets! My only problem so far is I have SO many items that the second page runs more than one page long, and the browser doesnt know how to deal with that. My 3rd page comes out blank (edit:when I print it. Looks fine in print preview).
Thanks!

If you have more than will fit on a printed page, you can enable "on-sheet controls" and change the style of one or more sections to fit and/or move some sections to page 1.
AncientOne is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
benchdog

Old July 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I'd love for maneuvers to be printed into the weapons section, I play a duelist character and make a lot of disarm/trip checks with my rapier and I use weapon finesse not agile maneuvers to use my dex for the check and not agile maneuvers, so this sheet doesn't give me my check result. Otherwise, I love this sheet, it's very clean besides having to re-size the picture every time I open in.
benchdog is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 19th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narl View Post
I just get a grey background with a link to this thread on the new version of the sheet. Running OS X 10.7.4. I tried both the latest versions of Safari and Firefox.
I'm willing to bet that the sheet is incorrectly handling a specific piece of data from your character. Can you post the generated XML file? That will let me determine which piece of data is the problem so I can handle it correctly.

You can create the XML file by using "File -> Save Custom Output" and then select the "Generate XML File" option.

FYI -- I won't be able to post a fix until I get back from vacation (over a week). However, as a work-around I'll post a link to the previous version of the sheet so anyone who needs to can revert to that version in the meantime.
AncientOne is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 19th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benchdog View Post
I'd love for maneuvers to be printed into the weapons section
FYI... you can drag the combat-maneuver panel into the weapons section. Just enable "on-sheet controls" and then you can drag/drop it wherever you want it.

Quote:
I play a duelist character and make a lot of disarm/trip checks with my rapier and I use weapon finesse not agile maneuvers to use my dex for the check and not agile maneuvers, so this sheet doesn't give me my check result.
The sheet displays whatever values Hero Lab generates for these checks. You have a couple of options though:
1) Investigate whether these values can be changed in HL before generating the sheet (I'm afraid that's not a question I can answer...)

2) Turn on text editing in the sheet Control Panel, and then change the value on the sheet to anything you need it to be.
AncientOne is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
benchdog

Old July 19th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks
benchdog is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 19th, 2012, 02:36 PM
In case anyone has critical issues with 4.0, and needs to revert to 3.2 before I get back from vacation to fix your problem, here is a link to 3.2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10349201/rt_..._2012_05_23.hl

Just remove the rt_complete folder from the Hero Lab custom output directory, and then install 3.2 with this .hl file. (Under Windows, you can just double-click on the .hl file). The auto-update system will keep telling you that 4.0 is available... just don't accept that update again.

But please don't do this without letting me know about your problem! Otherwise, I won't know to fix it in 4.1.
AncientOne is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Dezhem

Old July 19th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hi there

Ever since upgrading to the latest version, I just get a grey background with a link to this post. It seems to be affecting all of my characters so far, not just one. This forum doesn't allow me to attach XML files so please use the dropbox link below. I've tried opening the file in every browser I have; chrome, firefox and IE, all at the latest version. Same result for each. Win 7 x64.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21267541/Dezhem_Bek.xml
Dezhem is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Narl

Old July 19th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
I'm willing to bet that the sheet is incorrectly handling a specific piece of data from your character. Can you post the generated XML file? That will let me determine which piece of data is the problem so I can handle it correctly.
I tried a number of characters from other portfolios with the same result. The XML is attached. Enjoy your vacation!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Farandar_the_Betrayed.xml.zip (103.7 KB, 4 views)
Narl is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Kebabman

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Hi,

Have just updated to the latest 4.0 sheets.

What a difference - they print in colour and have the black backing to the Ability & Weapon box's etc.

Previously the black backings and the contents turned to a hard to read grey colour when I tried to print them.

I am still using Google Chrome, but the change is like night and day!

Well done "AncientOne"

Should be made an official output choice for Pathfinder character sheets.
Kebabman is offline   #20 Reply With Quote