Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bluephoenix

Old November 14th, 2010, 11:35 PM
going through my list of prestige classes to do, found a few things that I either cannot find an example for, or do not have the foggiest how to code (everything else is going well though.)

Wayfarer guide:
specific spell casting ability (ability to cast teleport required): I'm thinking there is something I can do with picks on/in hero, though exactly what hasn't become clear.

also the extra teleportation class feature: the WFG gains an extra 5th level spell slot that only accepts/can be used for teleport.

Ultimate Magus:
Arcane Spell power: caster level for all arcane powers increases by +1 at 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th levels (pretty sure this can be done with an eval script an an xspecial, but when i tried modifying the Frostmage gain knowledge feat which was the closest example, it just gives me compile errors)

Exemplar:
Requirements, any skill 13 ranks and skill focus any
not sure how to make these requirements non-specific, picked through several PrCs and no usable examples.

the class features are also problematic in that they are modifier/level dependent. of particular note:
Skill artistry: chose 1 skill at 1st,4th,7th,10th with at least 13ranks, and gain a +4 bonus to them.
Sustaining Presence: Cha mod added to concentration check and fort saves.
intellectual agility: add int mod to initiative and reflex saves.

***** while I know that its a long list of questions, I do hope you'll bear with a scripting noob. *****
Bluephoenix is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 14th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Wayfarer's guide: Teleport Pre-req... you could do this with a prereq that does a foreach, unfortunately you'll have to track down the Unique ID of every Teleport spell, and update the prereq if any other classes are added which can cast teleport (since each class has it's own version of each spell). May not be worth it.

Off the top of my head:
var result as number
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "thingid.sXXXTelepo|thingid.sXXXTekepo|So on and so forth"
result += 1
nexteach

validif (result <> 0)

Not tested, make sure you test it....
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 14th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Extra teleportation class ability will need an eval script that adds +1 to the slots of a chosen class's spellcasting. Since the spell level of teleportation may vary, the eval script will have to check to see what the class selected is, and then add to the appropriate level.

That this slot is filled with a teleportation spell will be done in an Eval RULE also on the class ability that enforces at least one spell memorized be the Teleportation spell. Again, as above this will have to list every version of teleport in existance, checking for each.

For a somewhat similar thing, look at my Draconic Legacy feat from complete arcane, which adds to spells known based on which dragon type was chosen and also enforces one spell as known for each level.
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Magus: First Part is easy, define and set your bonus based on Prestige class level, I am sure you know how to do that.

Now look at the Practiced Spellcaster feat for starters on how to add to Caster Level. You can modify that (removing the HD cap).

Now your wording was a little confusing to me, when you said arcane powers. I looked it up and it says all arcane spells, which means we need to increase the CL of any class that is an arcane caster. You can do it with a foreach:

foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "CasterSrc.Arcane"

So in summary the Eval should look something like this...

var bonus as number
~ Set our bonus
if (level >= X) then
bonus Y
if (blahblah)..

endif

foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "CasterSrc.Arcane"
each.(the thing modified from feat) += bonus
nexteach
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bluephoenix

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:05 AM
just realized I made a dumb, teleport is only learned by sor/wiz as a 5th level spell, and since that slot can only be filled by teleport, I can just set it as a single use charge as part of the class special.

if there are other classes that get it sooner/later, at best this will cover 90% of the likely occurances until I can get the kinks worked out of the eval script
Bluephoenix is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Do the skill focus and the 13+ ranks have to be in the same skill? If not then it is very easy.

In a Pre-req
~ We need 13+ ranks in any skill
foreach pick in hero from BaseSkill
validif (each.field[kUserRanks].value >= 13)
nexteach

In an Expr-req
~ We need skill focus and it doesn't matter which
#hasfeat[fSkillFoc] <> 0
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Skill artistry seems pretty easy, just make one for each time it is gained and have a selector for the skill and add a +4 to the bonus field.

field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[Bonus].value += 4
Lawful_g is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:20 AM
The other two are easy enough once you know how to get an ability modifier:

var bonus as number
bonus = hero.child[aXXX].field[aModBonus].value

XXX is the specific attribute you are shooting for. Make sure this happens at Post Attributes or later. Look at Improved Initiative for adding to Init, any skill boosting feat (like athletic) for adding to skills, and Iron Will/Lightning reflexes for the saves. You didn't mention if the bonus for this ability is typed, but if it is you'll need to modify the script to apply to a different field, and make sure the maximum is applied (since most bonuses don't stack).
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Hope that helps.
Lawful_g is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Bluephoenix

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:32 AM
thanks for the help, Ultimate magus is now working properly, as is wayfarer guide, exemplar requirements script also in and working properly

the skill artistry script works, however it currently allows selection of skills that do not meet the 13 rank requirement, is there any way to restrict this (limit the drop options) or add a warning section to the eval script if the choice doesn't meet. based on my limited knowledge would this work?:

validif (field[usrChosen1.kUserRanks].value >= 13)
Bluephoenix is offline   #10 Reply With Quote