Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

jreyst

Old July 13th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hey All!

This is John, the original creator of, but now simply one of many maintainers of, d20pfsrd.com. Tim has done an incredible job with the Pathfinder FAQ that literally has received thousands of hits since he set it up and his Hero Lab files are extremely popular as well. I wanted to thank Tim for all his work on the site so far and to remind him that his work is very appreciated.

At the same time I wanted to thank Tim for mentioning that we're up for an Ennie and I'd love to have the support of the Hero Lab community! There's seriously stiff competition and we can use all the support we can get as soon as voting opens on Friday.

Anyway, take care and see you on the site Tim!

--john
jreyst is offline   #11
branbric

Old July 26th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Can I please request help with doing the Arcanist class from Tome of Secrets? I have a player that needs this. Great thanks in advance!
branbric is offline   #12
chiefweasel

Old July 27th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Hey all, I wanted to drop my 2 cents in as well. It has been great to offer the user created datasets for everyone. And the user involvement from the community has been great as well.

When i get back from gen Con I will have more time to work on the website and create more files as well. (Don’t ask me about the website, I am in domain hell at the moment).

Last year Lawful_g, B0drin, and I tried to set a team up to work through entire D&D 3.5 books. Things got real busy for me and B0drin as unfortunately the bulk of the work fell onto to Lawful_g who did a brilliant job at creating the files. Now, looking back I think maybe our efforts were a bit too premature. The user community was just starting to gel, and I think (correct me if I am wrong) but the user base of Hero Lab has really expanded a lot over the last year. I think we might have just jumped the gun a bit on forming teams to do work.

But now I think the idea should be revisited. I know that lawful_g is doing a lot of work for D&D 3.5 so I won’t point him out to be on the hook for anything. But I really think the rest of the user community could benefit from some organization and coordination. I would like to see some teams put together and tackle larger files and projects.

To this end, I recommend the following:

- Users talk among themselves and form a team, complete with a team name
- Each team will state its current project/objective
- Each team will have a point of contact
- Each point of contact for each team will be listed on Shadow’s and my sites
- Each teams current projects will be list on the sites as well
- Each effort will be run like a project with time lines and milestones

Maybe we can even come up with a prize for the team that produces the most by the end of the year. This is just a thought, but I really feel that the community has grown to a point where we could knock out a lot of content if we could focus out creativity and direction.

So think about it and let me know what you think. I will get with Lawful_g and the HL folks at Gen Con and talk it out a bit and when I get back I’ll post up what was decided.

I welcome all and any comments. Thanks.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #13
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 27th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by branbric View Post
Can I please request help with doing the Arcanist class from Tome of Secrets? I have a player that needs this. Great thanks in advance!
There is no Arcanist class in Tome of Secrets.
blzbob is offline   #14
djc664

Old July 27th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
So think about it and let me know what you think. I will get with Lawful_g and the HL folks at Gen Con and talk it out a bit and when I get back I’ll post up what was decided.

I welcome all and any comments. Thanks.
I'm at GenCon this year too - I'd be interested in speaking with everyone about helping with that kind of thing.

I'm working on Rise of the Runelords content at the moment; 80% done Book 2 (which was my personal priority - Xanesha and some overall polish left) and 40% done Book 1 right now - ETA for both is end of August. I'll be chewing through the rest of it after those two books are done.
djc664 is offline   #15
branbric

Old July 27th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
There is no Arcanist class in Tome of Secrets.
Yeaahhhh, I kinda meant ARTIFICER. -_-# Sorry about that.
branbric is offline   #16
risner

Old July 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM
We should all get together at GenCon?
risner is offline   #17
ShadowChemosh

Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
Hello All,

New Updates.

Latest Updates 8/2/2010Download at d20pfsrd.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18
ShadowChemosh

Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:49 PM
Hello All,

New Updates.

Latest Updates 8/3/2010
  • Fixed the Sources error in all affected .user files caused by the v3.6d update.
Download at d20pfsrd or see this post to fix the issue yourself.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19
ShadowChemosh

Old August 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Hello All,

New Updates.

Latest Updates 8/21/2010
  • Updated pf_GeneralAdjustments.user file. I added some new spell effects(ie Ant Haul, Mage Armor, Shield) and an adjustment for each type of armor(natural, shield...). This is an update to the .user file Huntercc originally did. Note will be sending a updated copy to Cheifweasel also. Note: To get the spell effects to show up you need to check the new source "Spell Effects Show as Conditions" under the Optional Rules section.
Download at d20pfsrd in the zMisc folder.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 21st, 2010 at 10:32 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20
Closed Thread