Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old August 30th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I have gotten the autoadd to work easily enough, but how do I have it merge with an existing item? For example, an autoadd to give 20 arrows, but you already have some arrows (of the same id). For now I just have two instances of arrows on the character and they are not merged. Is merging a buy-only function?

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 30th, 2014, 12:46 PM
You can click on an item's bag item and "stack with next above" or "stack with next below".
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 30th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Oh I had not noticed that, thanks!

Interestingly enough sometimes autoadd will merge things on its own. It seems that it will if you (the user) had added something on your own and then afterwards picked something that had an autoadd that gave more of it. It does not seem to merge multiple instances of autoadded things (from different sources).

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 30th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Oh I had not noticed that, thanks!

Interestingly enough sometimes autoadd will merge things on its own. It seems that it will if you (the user) had added something on your own and then afterwards picked something that had an autoadd that gave more of it. It does not seem to merge multiple instances of autoadded things (from different sources).
Wouldn't it be easier to just use Qty and Auto-add so HL knows how many of the same thing to add? See HERE for details.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 30th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Yes, thank you, that is what I did. I just noticed that at least in my own examples I have it only merge with pre-existing versions that were added by the user. If you have two sources of something that they autoadd they will not merge on their own.

My example is actually for Savage Worlds, where an edge (basically a feat) gives a character some equipment. If you have two of them that give the same thing then it will not merge. However if you already had some on your character (that you personally added) it will merge. I noticed this distinction after startng this thread.

Why am I posting here and not Savage Worlds? Well, there is a much higher probability that people will know something (like Aaron and ShadowChemosh). It is not so much a game system specific situation, but an option across systems -- at least with the three that I use.

Anyway, thanks. I was initially wondering if I had missed a step, but it seems that I found the "quirk" on my own. In most cases it is irrelevant, and at any rate it is easy to fix with a single click on the bag icon. Either I had not noticed that before, or more likely I had forgotten about it.

SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 30th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Oh I see what you mean now. Hmmm I wonder if there is another option/tag that would do this behavior. I only played around a little with autoadds and its all been trial/error.

Do wish we had something like javadocs where we could look up how such stuff works.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old September 1st, 2014, 04:22 AM
Is it perhaps obeying the default stack option on the item that is being added?
Fuzzy is offline   #7 Reply With Quote