Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kairos
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 15th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I mostly lurk here, but I thought I'd chime in as someone who had shelved RW and have now come back to it.

I love HeroLab. HeroLab is genius and that was what brought me to the RW KS. Now, I backed because I was under the impression web-sharing was close to release (in 2013). I was playing mostly PBP games at the time and wanted a campaign management tool. That, obviously, hasn't happened.

I'm not as much as a planner when I GM like I used to be -- so the lavish detail I can bring to a campaign world is not my bag these days.

But the mechanics reference...oh the mechanics reference. This is where it is at for me. I've loaded up a couple games' rule structure into RW, and the autolinking is magical. That alone has saved me so much headache and speeded up play at the table (well, on Roll20 which is my gaming life right now).

This has gotten me excited for the Content Market. If I can come to a system like Pathfinder, load up a rulebook (maybe) and some APs and have everything there at a click? Yeah, I'd pay for that convenience.

But yeah, to the OP, if it isn't floating your boat right now, take a break. Come back later. Put your stuff in OneNote (I do) -- it transfers to RW quite nicely.

Me? I was an Alpha Wolf backer so I feel in for a penny/in for a pound. My kids will be in high school before I get the web sharing I think, and I haven't gotten a ton of use out of the tool, but that is changing with my Mythras/Luther Arkwright campaign now. The auto-linking is killer and rewards your time and effort with exponential convenience later IMO.

But I recommend checking back in when the Content Market is in swing.

Authoring Kit Rule Sets (now with functioning links!):

Qin: The Warring States

Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space

MEGS/BoH/DC Heroes (work in progress)
Kairos is offline   #18 Reply With Quote