Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Paragon

Old March 7th, 2017, 07:39 PM
I'm trying to put McGyver on an NPC built as unlimited, and even though they have the prereq skills, its showing an error that they aren't present. Anyone seen anything like this before?
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 8th, 2017, 11:03 AM
You'll need to be more specific. Which Skills?

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 9th, 2017, 03:26 PM
I looked at the error message, and it says "Repair d6 required"; the NPC build has Repair at d8. I pulled up a copy of McGuyver, and nothing jumped out at me as something that would produce that result.
Paragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old March 9th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Oh this is probably related to when someone uses the Permanent Adjustments on the Personal Tab. They are ignored when the program is looking for requirements.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 10th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Seeley, what are you talking about? Permanent Adjustments are not ignored when looking for requirements. I just built a character and both Notice and Repair were only D4 until I raised them with Permanent Adjustments to Notice D8 and Repair D6. Then I could take McGyver just fine.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 10th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Actually I was just wondering what Permanent Adjustments had to do with anything anyway since Paragon mentioned the issue was just on an Unlimited NPC, not mentioning the use of Permanent Adjustments.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 10th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Yeah, this wasn't done as an adjustment of any sort. Heck, far as I can tell, the NPC would likely be a legal PC other than perhaps level-related things.

What the heck, here's the statblock:

Name: Illuminated
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Knowledge: Technology d8, Notice d8, Repair d8, Shooting d8
Pace: 6, Parry: 6, Toughness: 6(1), Charisma: 0
Gear: Unarmed Strike d8 (Str), Pistol, Light Automatic d8 (2d6, 12/24/48), Spear d8 (Str+d6), Leather Armor (+1)
Special Abilities:
•Curious: Must check out everything and solve all mysteries
•McGyver: Rig creative solutions; No penalties for missing tools

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Copyright © 2004-2016 by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. All rights reserved.
Paragon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old March 10th, 2017, 02:07 PM
I know that this thread has nothing directly to do with Permanent Adjustments. But I have seen it where a Permanent Adjustment was ignored for validation for the requirements of an Edge. So because of that it might be related.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old March 10th, 2017, 02:18 PM
I tried to replicate the error that I saw about a year ago. The only error is that I have a Derived Trait that has an eval script inside it that does something based on its rating and the timing in that is off for when the Permanent Adjustment is applied.

Interestingly enough it works for Charisma and its affect on skills. Hmmm

SeeleyOne is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 10th, 2017, 05:45 PM
That's what you get for have so darned many Derived Traits, dude!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote