Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

paulomad

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:59 AM
Hello all,

I'm a most recent buyer of Hero Lab + Realmworks combo, and I'm having lots of fun integrating both. Been spending most of my time trying to wrap my head around the world editor and just recently really started on the character one.

One thing I cannot seem to do is find how to change the ingame pre-set weight mode from pounds! Can someone point out the option or where and how in the HL editor I can do it?

Thanks.
paulomad is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:08 PM
In aneed existing game system, you cannot. You MIGHT be able to do so if you are building a game from scratch with the authoring kit, but even then I am a bit dubious that the shell game system already put that in. Same with here the currency symbol.
jfrazierjr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
paulomad

Old May 29th, 2017, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
In aneed existing game system, you cannot.
Hello, thank you for your feedback! I'm a bit puzzled as to why this is "hardcoded"! Do you have any ideia if this is something that's on the horizon to change, or I should just force-learn to use it or accept the fact I have to work with converters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
You MIGHT be able to do so if you are building a game from scratch with the authoring kit, but even then I am a bit dubious that the shell game system already put that in. Same with here the currency symbol.
Do you know where can I ask? Is this the forum? I wouldn't mind going all barebones on it and start from scratch! Any resources available for that?

Thanks
paulomad is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 30th, 2017, 12:30 AM
What game system would this be for?

A published game system will have all their equipment weights described using a certain type of weight unit within all their rulebooks. If HL started displaying a different number then users would start submitting bug reports about numbers not matching.

HL doesn't have any switch that will automatically perform a scaling factor to convert the stored number into a different number (which is what would be required to convert the pounds weight of an object into kilos).
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote