Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 23rd, 2017, 04:47 AM
That will make allot of races in Interface Zero 2.0 easier.
dartnet is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 23rd, 2017, 06:31 AM
Perhaps you could make a separate plug in that allows for custom race creation that way players can create custom races in any system. You would just have to load the different world files (like Rifts) to get access to the race properties.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old May 23rd, 2017, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
Perhaps you could make a separate plug in that allows for custom race creation that way players can create custom races in any system. You would just have to load the different world files (like Rifts) to get access to the race properties.

Salcor
That is a cool idea.
dartnet is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old May 24th, 2017, 10:57 AM
"custom race creation that way players can create"
Two things:
1> For the most part, players don't create Races. GM's do. That's why alteration of the Race is in the Editor, not the player's interface. Race's very rarely get modified after they are set up.
2> The Editor has access to all material currently loaded, and that includes any user file in the directory. It was one of the things I pointed out about the Editor that makes it hard to use, everything shows up. I need to add a display so you can see the unique ID along with the name like in some others, so you can tell which source they come from.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old May 24th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Suggestion for the race tab have it set so you can add variants for races all ready in the game. And then tie the racial ability to the variant that is chosen. So if your game allows humans to exchange there free edge for an extra attribute point you can with out having to build another type of human. They would just need to build a new variant. Or lets say there is 3 types of elf's and each has a slightly different set of radical ability's you can go with the standard elf and get the one out of the main book the of the stronger but less agile wood elf's either way you can still take edges form the fantasy companion that require the elf race as racelf is the element the program is looking for.
dartnet is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old May 24th, 2017, 06:32 PM
The more I think about it the more of a idea I get.

I would set it with 3 or 4 fields for the really complex player chose allot of things races.

An example Human 2.0 from IFZ 2.0:

1st you have to select one of your attributes to start at d6.

2ed you have to select a attribute to cost twice the normal cost.

and 3rd you select a skill to start at d6.

Now personally I would set Human 2.0 as a variant human as they are the same species.

Now lets do a really crazy one. I am building a Mutant Animal race for a home brew.

1st there would be the choice what type of animal you what that that would add some basic abilities.

2ed set of selections you would choose you disadvantages you want and these set how may choices you have for the 3rd field.

3rd yo select your advantages the number of selections are based one what you selected in filed 2.

And there you go what would be a true night mare in coding is a manageable build.

Something like this could be used for iconic frameworks.
dartnet is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old June 1st, 2017, 01:24 PM
Some clarification: As I said, this is a developing story. It is still in the preliminary stages, and there is nothing definite yet. I was asked what it would take to support this. It may or may not happen, there has been no official word either way. I wanted to find out the level of fan interest, and may have characterized things incorrectly. Please forgive me if I misled anyone.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
Twowolves

Old June 6th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Fan interest level: intensifying.....
Twowolves is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
Gelfarin

Old June 6th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Just in case it was missed, I'm very interested as well. We're heavy into Savage Rifts after years of Pathfinder. We've gone to using PDFs for our character sheets which means I'm never on HeroLab anymore. I miss Hero Lab, but it's too much work to make function for my current favorite game. So yes, this hand is indeed up for an interested client.
Gelfarin is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old June 6th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Currently playing Savage Rifts (as it says in my signature).

Also, a very satisfied HeroLab customer on the Pathfinder side (I also own the Savage Worlds ruleset.)

If there was only a way to combine those two statements...

Currently playing: Starfinder Fallout, Star Wars Saga Edition, Savage Worlds Slipstream.
Zaknaefin is offline   #140 Reply With Quote