Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

lortondm

Old April 30th, 2019, 06:31 PM
In Hero Lab Pathfinder, if I was working with a newly created monster, there was information showing up indicating whether for a given CR a monster had hps that were too high or too low, damage per attack was too high, too low, etc.

I am unable to figure out whether I can do that in 5e Hero Lab and if so how. Indeed, I've forgotten how to do it in Pathfinder Hero Lab as well.

Can anyone help? I feel dumb.
lortondm is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 30th, 2019, 08:51 PM
In Pathfinder that was choosing "Bestiary Monster Creation" under Race.
In 5th Ed - you can do the same with "Customer Monster" under Race.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 4th, 2019, 03:46 AM
Excellent! And thanks much Dami!
lortondm is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 4th, 2019, 03:57 AM
Actually, one follow-up question. When I turned on Bestiary Monster Creation it popped up the CR Estimate Panel. That caused me to find this post from Mathias in 2013 noting that the CR Estimate Panel could be added via the Configure Hero Form:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=38742 (stating "Even if you're not creating a creature using the Monster Creation System, the "CR Estimate" summary panel that was added to go along with that is available as an option for those who own the Bestiary 1 package. To use this, create your character as an NPC, and check the "Show CR Estimate Panel?" option on the Configure Hero form. The Configure Hero form can be re-opened from the Character menu, if you wanted to turn this on for one of your existing NPCs.").

That's how I remember doing it in Pathfinder Hero Lab in the past. But I go to Pathfinder Configure Hero Form and I don't see an option to turn on the CR Estimate Panel. Am I missing something or did a later change happen such that now the CR Estimate Panel is only accessible via using Bestiary Monster Creation?

Thanks again!
lortondm is offline   #4 Reply With Quote