Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DeltaMasterMind

Old February 24th, 2016, 06:56 AM
My goal is to build a class that checks for a CON score and if exists disables it. I know several templates that do this yet as I go searching through them I am unable to find the scripts to do so. That being said I have not be able to attempt this with the class I am building.

FYI the class in question is a variant of the Death Knight based off the book A Genius guide to Death Knights. Obviously the way they got it setup is mainly a LE paladin with some Grave/undead flavor. So yeah I am using the paladin as a template and adjusting as I go. I also find it odd the class builder section doesn't have a SLA section, but oh well not hard to do it manually.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old February 24th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Ok so I did find a Noscore tag in the races, yet as I try to apply it with my class it says Group Noscore is not defined. Am I missing something here or is it just because classes don't normally have this as a definition and may require me to do some additional steps?

Pathfinder Thread
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 24th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Capitalization is important. Are you assigning "NoScore" or "Noscore"? The former is the correct tag group.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old February 24th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Lol yeah I did the latter...Shame on me. Ok so is the Tag addition the only requirement or does it act like a helper for another script?

So yeah no error given now by the Editor, yet the NoScore Con is not acting like it is working. I did just reload the entire program just to be safe here.

Pathfinder Thread
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Without seeing the script you're using to assign the tag, I'm not sure what's going wrong.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old February 24th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Yeah well since my scripting knowledge for this kind of action is null, the best I can say is in the general Tags area of the class builder I added the "NoScore aCON Constitution Constitution" in hopes that it would do it. I admit I do have a lack of understanding on tags for the most part. Does this NoScore tag act as a helper?

Pathfinder Thread
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2016, 08:12 AM
No, just assigning the tag to the class won't do anything - a class has nothing to do with an ability score, so the tag will mean nothing in that context and is ignored.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old February 24th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
No, just assigning the tag to the class won't do anything - a class has nothing to do with an ability score, so the tag will mean nothing in that context and is ignored.
Ok that's what I feared. I got the tag from the Astral Construct I, but I saw no other scripts linking to the NoScore. Also with what was quoted above should I just assume that doing this with a class may just be a wild goose chase; generally a bad idea?

Pathfinder Thread
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2016, 08:38 AM
A class can do it, but it's not something that's automated for a class - you'll need to use an eval script to assign the tag where it belongs, not just add a tag.

On the adjustments, take a look at "Ability Score Elimination". That will be something that uses a script to remove an ability score. Although in your case, you won't be using the mechanisms it uses to choose an ability score - you always want to remove CON.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. You may want to watch a few of the intro ones by LW to get an idea of how to write or find other script examples.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote