Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ctopher94

Old January 30th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Hi all,

Basically my DM is transitioning game systems from a homebrew to 5e and he wants to carry over some skills that he had in the original setting. Im trying to add new skills but I only want them to show up when added. Can any one assist me with this?

Thank you!
ctopher94 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old January 31st, 2018, 07:06 AM
I don't think you can do that easily. Since skills are just ability checks that someone with a proficiency can do better, everyone has access to all skills to make checks anyway unless you've got a homebrew rule that says otherwise. Proficient characters are just better at it obviously.

But, one way you could pull this off is to create a new source for the skill/skills using a .1st file to create a checkbox on the Configure Hero screen (Ctrl-K). Anything associated with the source won't be available for a hero unless the checkbox is active, and won't go on the sheet. If you have a lot of skills and you want to be very granular in your access, this could mean a lot of work as you set up a source for each skill, but it is possible.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote