Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone,

ShadowChemosh has put together a new d20 release for Hero Lab, and we'd like some of you to try it out before we put it live on the updates mechanism. If you have time, please grab it and let us know if you run into any issues!

Beta is over - thanks everyone!

Changes in this release:

Enhancements & Changes

• Spells E to Z have been updated with full details (ie Range, Target, Effect, Area, Focus Component, Material Component, and XP Cost) from the SRD. Special Thanks to Kendall-DM and Sendric for inputting all these spells!
• Spells that reference another spells details (ie Mass Bull's Strength references Bull's Strength) now includes the text from the referencing spell.
• Variant class "Paladin of Freedom" fully implemented.
• Variant class "Paladin of Slaughter" added.
• Variant class "Paladin of Tyranny" added.
• Special variant spell "Corrupt Weapon" added and is available to Blackguard, Paladin of Slaughter and Paladin of Tyranny.

Data File Authoring

• Updated the editor tab "Magic->Spell" to have a "Append Reference Information" that allows for including another spells text into another spell.
• Added a new tag group DescInfo.? that can be added to spells to allow for referencing the description text from another spell.
• All spellcasting classes that do not already have a sClass.? will now generate a sClass.? tag based on the unique id of the class automatically. This prevents the need of having to create custom sClass.? tags for each new class added to d20.
• All spellcasting classes create a sClassNot.? tag based on the unique id of the class automatically.
• Variant classes can be tagged with "Helper.VarSpells" to cause the auto generation of sClass.? and sClassNot.? tags based on the unique id of the variant class automatically. This allows for spells to be specifically setup only for a variant class.
• Updated the editor tab "Class->Variant Class" to have a "Variant Class Has Specific Spells?" option that causes the variant class to be tagged with "Helper.VarSpells".
• Added a new tag group sClassNot.? that can be added to spells to prevent a class from gaining access to the spell. In example the Paladin of Freedom does not gain several alignment based spells like Protection From Chaos. The Protection From Chaos spell contains the tag sClassNot.cvPalFree to prevent the variant class from gaining access to this spell.
• Variant classes push their sClass.? and sClassNot.? tags to the Class at First/10000. This causes classes to allow and disallow spells from the base class and the variant class. This is used for the Paladin of Freedom which gains access to some spells and loses access to other spells.

Thanks for your help, and thanks to ShadowChemosh for getting these changes together!

Last edited by Colen; October 2nd, 2017 at 12:08 PM.
Colen is offline   #1
Dark_Soul

Old September 20th, 2017, 06:04 PM
I get this error and it won't load:

File: 3.5 - Players Handbook 1.user (line 26118) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spDetMag1') - found in '3.5 - Players Handbook 1.user', 'built-in packages'
Dark_Soul is offline   #2
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 20th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
I get this error and it won't load:

File: 3.5 - Players Handbook 1.user (line 26118) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('spDetMag1') - found in '3.5 - Players Handbook 1.user', 'built-in packages'
A new version of the Community addon will be needed to be compatible with this new version.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 22nd, 2017 at 08:13 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3
Sendric

Old September 21st, 2017, 04:00 AM
Here's a beta release of the next community set for use with this release.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...267#post256267
Sendric is online now   #4
Sendric

Old September 22nd, 2017, 05:14 AM
There seems to be a problem with the 6th level version of Mislead. When I go to select it as a domain spell, I see the thingid spMislead6 with the same name as thingid. When selected, it does not appear in the list of available domain spells. The actual 6th level version uses the thingid spMisead6.

Update: I believe this is caused by the Trickery domain using this tag instead of spMisead6.
Attached Images
File Type: png mislead.png (29.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Sendric; September 22nd, 2017 at 07:11 AM.
Sendric is online now   #5
ShadowChemosh

Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
There seems to be a problem with the 6th level version of Mislead. When I go to select it as a domain spell, I see the thingid spMislead6 with the same name as thingid. When selected, it does not appear in the list of available domain spells. The actual 6th level version uses the thingid spMisead6.

Update: I believe this is caused by the Trickery domain using this tag instead of spMisead6.
Good catch. That is all due to a spelling mistake. The actual spell ID is "spMisead6" but the tag I put on the domain was "spMislead6".

I need to fix the Thing ID to have the L to match the level 5 version of the spell.

Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6
Sendric

Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Good catch. That is all due to a spelling mistake. The actual spell ID is "spMisead6" but the tag I put on the domain was "spMislead6".

I need to fix the Thing ID to have the L to match the level 5 version of the spell.

Thanks!
No problem! Happened to me, too, with another spell.
Sendric is online now   #7
Sendric

Old September 27th, 2017, 09:23 AM
When I go to select a spell class for a new spell, I see varBarSage at the bottom of the list.
Sendric is online now   #8
ShadowChemosh

Old September 27th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
When I go to select a spell class for a new spell, I see varBarSage at the bottom of the list.
Good catch. The Bardic Sage Variant class was missing the new tag Helper.VarSpells which tells HL to generate a spell identity tag for the class. This fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9
Sendric

Old September 28th, 2017, 06:11 AM
Question:

The tag ClsScAllSp.Spellid is used to add spells to a domain. Is there an equivalent tag for adding to a class's primary spell list?

For example, if I wanted to add a spell to the Sorcerer's spell list, what tag, if any, would I use for:

Code:
perform hero.childfound[cHelpSor].assign[?.spChaAni1]
PS I know how to accomplish the same thing without a tag. I was just wondering if there was a quicker way.

Last edited by Sendric; September 28th, 2017 at 06:17 AM.
Sendric is online now   #10
Closed Thread