Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CptCoots

Old August 13th, 2013, 10:37 PM
So I noticed that it is trivial to have an item like a staff, rod, or any wondrous item add Specials to the character (Just bootstrap and be merry).

I am going through the Magic Item Compendium file that is in the community distribution and cleaning things up. There is a lot but I'm making damn good time. One thing is I'd like to start having some of the enchants add Special Abilities to the character so that things like charges and temporary (enchantment bound) feats can be tracked in a way that is easier than the god awefull magical item "interface". However, any sort of bootstrap added to an item power does not seem to show up AT ALL. I've done things like make iMagArmor or iMagWeapon the source of the special and show when equipped (error generating); make it always show (nothing happens); and in the bootstrap even assigned Helper.ShowSpec (Still nothing).

Any help?
CptCoots is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 14th, 2013, 06:33 AM
The problem is when you bootstrap, it goes to the container, in this case the armor or weapon itself. For something like charges, you could probably use an eval script to change the appropriate fields for the armor or weapon it is being attached to. I'm not sure how you would attach a feat, though.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote