Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old June 19th, 2015, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsotate View Post
Dragonfire Adept correctly adds a breath weapon and the Dragontouched feat, but neither counts as the prereq they should. For example, all the Metabreath feats have red "Breath weapon required" at the top and are grayed out, despite DAs having a breath weapon
Thanks. I will take a look at it.

Update: Fixed

Last edited by Sendric; June 19th, 2015 at 07:07 AM.
Sendric is offline   #351 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 19th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiche007 View Post
Hi everyone,

I saw some bug with the stances ability. If a create a crusader lvl 1 a choose one stance and go to the In-Play tab I don't see the stance to make it active. I reinstall Hero Lab and retry and the same problem appear. Do you know where it's coming from?

Guiche
I believe there is an issue with the current version of the d20 system where some specials won't appear in the In-Play tab unless it has the Helper.ShowSpec tag assigned to it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to assign this tag to verify this. I'll dig into it some more. Something odd is definitely going on.
Sendric is offline   #352 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I believe there is an issue with the current version of the d20 system where some specials won't appear in the In-Play tab unless it has the Helper.ShowSpec tag assigned to it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to assign this tag to verify this. I'll dig into it some more. Something odd is definitely going on.
Ok, well, I'm an idiot. Thanks to Shadow for pointing me in the right direction on this. I will have this fixed in the next release. In the meantime, anyone who wants to make a local fix for themselves should do the following:

Open up the file 3.5 - Tome of Battle.user in the editor. Go to the Class tab, and select Crusader (cHelpCru). In the eval script, change the following line of code:

Code:
  perform eachpick.delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
to:

Code:
  perform eachpick.assign[Helper.SpecUp]
The same fix can be applied to both Swordsage and Warblade as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sendric is offline   #353 Reply With Quote
Dresdon

Old July 25th, 2015, 04:32 AM
After installing the community data set, I no longer get the tick boxes on the 'In-Play' tab allowing me to apply the familiar bonus.

Eg Toad +3 hps within 1 mile of caster. Or +2 fort save bonus from a rat.

I have an existing character portfolio created prior to the update where the bonus is in place, but the mechanism to add / remove it is gone.

For a newly created character, there seems to be no way to add the familiar bonus.

-- Update Hmm just reading Sendric's post above, I wonder if this is the same issue, and the familiar specials have been dropped due to not being tagged correctly.

Last edited by Dresdon; July 25th, 2015 at 05:14 AM.
Dresdon is offline   #354 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 25th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresdon View Post
After installing the community data set, I no longer get the tick boxes on the 'In-Play' tab allowing me to apply the familiar bonus.

Eg Toad +3 hps within 1 mile of caster. Or +2 fort save bonus from a rat.

I have an existing character portfolio created prior to the update where the bonus is in place, but the mechanism to add / remove it is gone.

For a newly created character, there seems to be no way to add the familiar bonus.

-- Update Hmm just reading Sendric's post above, I wonder if this is the same issue, and the familiar specials have been dropped due to not being tagged correctly.
This is probably correct. I'll take a look at it when I get the chance. There's a chance this is a core issue, but I'll see if there's anything in the community set that is causing this.
Sendric is offline   #355 Reply With Quote
Dresdon

Old July 27th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
This is probably correct. I'll take a look at it when I get the chance. There's a chance this is a core issue, but I'll see if there's anything in the community set that is causing this.
I did some sanity checking, uninstalling hero lab, deleting the old Program Data folder, and then doing a clean install.

Even on the Vanilla srd 20 install I cannot see the tick box to apply the familiar bonuses to the character any more. Assuming I'm not being a muppet and the ticket box should be in the 'In Play' tab, it looks like a problem with the core d20.

I've raised the issue as a bug in the main forum too, as I don't think it's the community set that has caused this.
Dresdon is offline   #356 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 27th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresdon View Post
I did some sanity checking, uninstalling hero lab, deleting the old Program Data folder, and then doing a clean install.

Even on the Vanilla srd 20 install I cannot see the tick box to apply the familiar bonuses to the character any more. Assuming I'm not being a muppet and the ticket box should be in the 'In Play' tab, it looks like a problem with the core d20.

I've raised the issue as a bug in the main forum too, as I don't think it's the community set that has caused this.
Thanks for putting in the effort. With all the improvements being done to the core data files, there's bound to be a few things that fall through the cracks. This appears to have been one of them. I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough.

In the meantime, you could create yourself a work-around by adding the following script to the Hasted Adjustment in the community file 3.5 - Players Handbook 1

First/10000
Code:
if (hero.tagis[CompAvail.cArcFamil] <> 0) then
 perform hero.childfound[cArcFNear].assign[Helper.ShowSpec]
 perform hero.childfound[cArcFNear].assign[Helper.SpecUp]
endif
This should put that back on your in-play tab. I'll make a note about this on my end to have it there unless/until Shadow gets a fix for the core set.
Sendric is offline   #357 Reply With Quote
Dresdon

Old July 31st, 2015, 01:21 PM
That works a treat, cheers
Dresdon is offline   #358 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 10th, 2015, 04:21 AM
The "Corruptor of Fate" (in the Community MM4 file) is incorrectly coming up as a Character Race - It should be a NPC Race.
At least it's easily correctly by editing the creature entry in the user file!
Dami is offline   #359 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 10th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
The "Corruptor of Fate" (in the Community MM4 file) is incorrectly coming up as a Character Race - It should be a NPC Race.
At least it's easily correctly by editing the creature entry in the user file!
Thanks for the report. It'll be corrected for the next release.
Sendric is offline   #360 Reply With Quote