Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

LillyErin

Old July 9th, 2019, 06:47 PM
I was hoping someone could help me fix a problem I am having. When I apply the arcanist exploit of eldritch blade it is not including the caster levels from my prestige classes in determining the Black Blades abilities. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
LillyErin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old July 10th, 2019, 08:08 AM
You should report any possible bugs to LW developers so they can research. They are quick to respond usually within 1 business day. The devs don't review these forums for mentioned bugs.
https://sales.lonewolfdevel.com/Supp...ern=Bug_Report

Which prestige classes are you selecting? There are some prestige classes that don't grant caster levels with every level (i.e. Dragon Disciple).
Krothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 10th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Most spellcasting Prestige Classes explicitly say they advance Spells per Day and their effects ONLY, and the user gains no other benefits such as advancement of class abilities. It may be a bug, but it may also simply be that it is not intended to work as you expect. In addition to posing a bug report, I would suggest you look on the Paizo forums for any statements about how this is intended to work. Without a direct statement from the developers, it is unlikely that LWD will regard the current working as incorrect.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 10th, 2019, 08:57 AM
My group has had this come up before (and done the plowing through Paizo forums and the like); it's the distinction between "character level", "caster level", and "class level". A Prestige class counts for the first and might count for the second, but doesn't count for class level which is what class features are based on unless they say otherwise.

So Hero Lab is working properly in this case.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
chaos_co

Old July 13th, 2019, 08:29 PM
I'm running into the same issue in hero lab, the exploit in question states:
Eldritch Blade: A blade adept with this exploit uses her caster level instead of her class level for the purpose of advancing her bonded sword’s powers.
chaos_co is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 13th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_co View Post
I'm running into the same issue in hero lab, the exploit in question states:
Eldritch Blade: A blade adept with this exploit uses her caster level instead of her class level for the purpose of advancing her bonded sword’s powers.
Report it as a bug. Include what Prestige Class you have in your report. If something is wrong, this makes sure someone will look at it.
I'd also check the detail on your Prestige Class and make sure that it increases your Caster Level.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old July 13th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Then report the bug to LW devs so they can fix it.
https://sales.lonewolfdevel.com/Supp...ern=Bug_Report
Krothos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote