Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Asmo

Old May 1st, 2016, 08:32 AM
I'm running a campaign with my friends and entered alot of data (working well, btw). Now i want to use the same campaign for my kids. Is there a way to copy the realm or copy events/etc. to another realm?
I saw in another post we have to wait for the content release. Meanwhile, is there no way around?
thx!
Asmo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 1st, 2016, 10:07 AM
There is no way at this time.
This is one of the purposes of the content market.. to enable the re-use of your materials.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 1st, 2016, 03:19 PM
Do your groups use player mode?

The way i use RW's currently is more like a book shelf.

I have my books loaded and then i have my players loaded. There's nothing stopping me using the same book twice.

But i don't have anyone using player view. So there's that.
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old May 1st, 2016, 06:10 PM
I'm hoping that the upcoming Content Market update will allow use to share our own content with ourselves so we can do exactly what you are asking for because reveals are useless if you use the content for more than one group at this time. LWD has noted that the Content Market will be a staggered release with no indication of when or even if this functionality is included this year. Hang in there, it's coming.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Asmo

Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:06 AM
Both groups have bought RW player version so thats why i need two different realms each with their own reveal.
I guess i have to wait then...
Asmo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bobson

Old May 3rd, 2016, 03:43 AM
Supposedly, there's an update coming Soon(tm) which has a lot of backend support for the Content Market that won't necessarily be visible. The ability to copy a realm would make sense as a user-visible piece of that. But we'll just have to wait and see.
Bobson is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old May 8th, 2016, 02:53 PM
If I remember past comments by Rob, copying a realm will specifically rely upon the content market. My interpretation is that you will post your realm to your cloud storage and then through the market you will do a special kind of re-download. Think of it as buying a second copy of your own realm for zero dollars. Of course you may need cloud storage in order to do this. But take my guess for what it's worth, a guess.

If my guess is correct, the next update won't grant the copy ability and we will have to wait for the initial release of the content market and maybe a little longer since there will be bugs in the content market they have to work out before turning on copying.
Viking2054 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
smokeh

Old June 14th, 2016, 11:03 AM
So I'm trying to figure out how to run 2 games out of the same realm now with Player Mode. RW itself is setup great for that with the Topic Views, I can have 1 view for all of my background information, and a different view for each game. Unfortunately, it seems like when I share the realm there are no options to limit what view a player gets to see (unless I'm missing something).

The realm copying method is an OK short term solution, but what happens if I want to make updates or additions. I would prefer a method that would allow me to assign view 'permissions' to different invited users.
smokeh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old June 15th, 2016, 10:00 AM
You are looking for what could be termed "individual reveal", that is, revealing something to one player but not the other two or however you want.

It is already on the to-do list (I dare not guess exactly where, though).

I feel pretty confident in saying, that it is a feature that we will see.

Please note: I am just a lowly user, so I have no real insight as to what features might or might not appear.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 15th, 2016, 11:40 AM
@Vargr is correct that individual reveal is on pending list. But that may not be what you are looking for in this instance. There's another item on the list that may be more helpful to you that may be coming sooner since it's tied to the Marketplace and copying of realms.

Individual Reveal will be useful for campaigns where each character may know more or less than other characters. Evil parties, mysteries, split groups are a good example.

The other functionality that will probably work better for running different groups using the same content could be described as "master realms" for universal info and "child realms" for unique info. The master realm would contain all the universal information your world contains for all campaigns you run in it. The child realms would be updated with new info from the master realm as it is added but reveals would be specific to each child realm. Additionally, the child realms can change, evolve, add information, morph the setting, level mountain ranges, kill NPCs, add towns, etc that are unique to each child realm. This way you can have different groups that all start within the same setting, major world updates are copied automatically to all child realms, but each campaign is unique.

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #10 Reply With Quote