Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

bennowak

Old June 24th, 2022, 10:51 AM
While I have the community pack installed and working well, our party wants to make some adjustments to a couple of the Unchained classes. Where I see specific .user files for the PoW and Psionic classes and such, I do not see any for the Unchained classes. The Rogue, for example, has an archtype override I cannot find the base definition.

Can anyone point me to the proper user file I need to override and get the basics from?
bennowak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bennowak

Old June 24th, 2022, 11:28 AM
Correction, but this would be an adjustment to the Rogue Scout Archtype, not Unchained specifically.. So where would I find these base classes?
bennowak is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old June 24th, 2022, 12:57 PM
The files with content from most official Paizo books that can be purchased are protected and you won't be able to view the original text files to copy or edit them.

You can make copies of some Paizo content using the Editor in the tools menu, but some things are also protected there and copies won't be saved by the Editor. For those you have to make a new blank entry and manually duplicate all the details/tags/bootstraps/etc yourself based on the protected copy, and then make whatever changes to the new entry that you need.

You need to open an existing .user file or create a new one to save your new editor entries (it's better to create a new file for your own content, or it can get overwritten by updates). The archetypes can be found in the Class tab of the Editor, within the Archetype subtab. New (copy) makes a copy of an existing archetype from any archetype currently loaded in the game data files, and New (blank) makes a new empty entry for you to edit.

Last edited by ploturo; June 24th, 2022 at 01:00 PM.
ploturo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old June 24th, 2022, 03:26 PM
You can have two copies of the Editor open at once.
If you have a couple of monitors, have one in each.

Then scroll down and copy whatever you want to.
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote