Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

ekendra

Old July 18th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks for that reply.

So now I'm going through and creating the .por files for all the encounters I expect might take place our next gaming session.

Most of the work is done, it seems, when I select the race and/or class. I have noticed a few discrepancies between the preloaded stats and what is listed in the manuals. No biggie though as I like that I can customise each creature a little. For example, in a gang of goblins there would most likely be a dominant goblin who may hit a bit harder or have some special ability. This just makes for more interesting and customised game play.

Still, it would be nice to build up a shared community resource for .por or .stock files to lighten the workload a bit more. I'm new to Hero Lab so I don't know if I'd be violating any licence by starting a thread to share the files I've done?

What do you think?
ekendra is offline   #241 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 18th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekendra View Post
Thanks for that reply.

So now I'm going through and creating the .por files for all the encounters I expect might take place our next gaming session.
If you drop your those files you made into your ProgramData\Herolab\data\d20 folder then the EB will pick them up.

Quote:
Most of the work is done, it seems, when I select the race and/or class. I have noticed a few discrepancies between the preloaded stats and what is listed in the manuals.
You may find allot of those mistakes are from the MM itself not from HL.

Quote:
Still, it would be nice to build up a shared community resource for .por or .stock files to lighten the workload a bit more. I'm new to Hero Lab so I don't know if I'd be violating any licence by starting a thread to share the files I've done?

What do you think?
Sendric will be around and if he wishes it you can easily share these with the community. Then Sendric could build the stock files to include if he wishes.

If we go that way we have a shared dropbox folder that you could upload the files too.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #242 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 18th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I'm always happy to take new stuff for the community set. I've actually been toying with the idea of putting together some .por or .stock files, but I think I would make it a separate release from the regular community set for the reasons Shadow touched on earlier. Adding these files in can rapidly increase the size of the release, and I think it might be better to separate them so that only the people who actually want it need to download the larger file.

Feel free to email me (sendric [at] google [dot] com). I can give you the dropbox information or answer any other questions you may have.
Sendric is offline   #243 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old July 19th, 2014, 10:30 PM
There are some feats that require "Epic Hero", but there doesnt seem to be anything that can be done to give them this.

Is this a tag or something that i can assign?
mirtos is offline   #244 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 20th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
There are some feats that require "Epic Hero", but there doesnt seem to be anything that can be done to give them this.

Is this a tag or something that i can assign?
There's a bug reported against HL for this. Hopefully Shadow will take a look at it. In the meantime, you could try seeing if you can assign the Hero.Epic tag to any hero with at least 21 levels. I would make a condition (or use an existing one) to put the script on. That way its on all heroes.
Sendric is offline   #245 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old July 20th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Yep, that worked. Thanks.
mirtos is offline   #246 Reply With Quote
ekendra

Old July 20th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just start a thread in the d20 forum and post links to my .por files uploaded to my dropbox. I'll include some basic instructions where to put them in the file structure and encourage other d20 hero lab users to share theirs. That way people can pick and choose the ones they want to download and use and aren't forced to download any huge bundle.

I definitely agree that this should be separate from all the good work you've already done Sendric. I'm really impressed by the effort you've put in and our game benefits from that too.

ekendra is offline   #247 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 20th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Quote:
I definitely agree that this should be separate from all the good work you've already done Sendric. I'm really impressed by the effort you've put in and our game benefits from that too.
Thank you, but make no mistake, I am not alone. TobyFox has really stepped up of late and added a bunch of stuff, and of course without Shadow and LawfulG himself (now cleverly disguised as Aaron), this never would have gotten started in the first place. Others have contributed as well, and I always try to make sure they get the credit they deserve when announcing the new release.
Sendric is offline   #248 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 21st, 2014, 12:57 PM
I have run into this several times, especially with my two attempts at adding stuff from the epic level handbook (both failures). The simplest way to do this is as Sendric has suggested until it is resolved and [for feats] don't mark them as Epic Level, as that automatically adds the prerequisite that always comes up as false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
There's a bug reported against HL for this. Hopefully Shadow will take a look at it. In the meantime, you could try seeing if you can assign the Hero.Epic tag to any hero with at least 21 levels. I would make a condition (or use an existing one) to put the script on. That way its on all heroes.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #249 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old July 21st, 2014, 08:07 PM
I just created an adjustment/condition. It seemed to be the easiest.
mirtos is offline   #250 Reply With Quote