Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Now that I have tables for spell and conferred ability adjustments, I'd appreciate help from the community entering those into Hero Lab.

I added this thread to help users coordinate their efforts, so that 5 people don't turn in the Bless spell within a few days of each other.

I'd recommend telling people what you intend to work on, so that we don't get two people working on the same things at the same time. I'd also recommend not biting off more than you know you can chew - saying you'll add every core rulebook spell from A-M this weekend is just asking for real life to get in the way of your plans. Just go for a letter or two of the alphabet at a time. More advanced users may wish to start in the middle of the alphabet, or in a book other than the Core Rulebook, and less experienced users in the first half of the Core Rulebook's spells - just a thought for organizing the work.

Categories of spells I'm looking for:
For now, I'm going to leave [Polymorph] subschool spells off the list - I have plans to add the capability for a spell to select a race, then figure out what abilities and stat adjustments it should make, based on that, but that's a very large project, and I'm afraid I won't be able to schedule enough time to implement that in the near future. In the meantime, I'm afraid polymorph spell adjustments would need to be for a specific spell and a specific race - and that's a huge list of spells. So, feel free to enter those specific race spell adjustments and share them with others, but I won't be incorporating them into HL.

If a spell has multiple versions - greater/lesser/mass for example, or person/animal/monster, there's no need for multiple adjustments that have identical effects.

If a spell imposes a condition - for example, the Cause Fear spell imposes either the frightened or shaken conditions, those are already available on the status tab, and we don't need a separate spell for that.

I'm calling Resist Energy, Protection from Energy, and Magic Weapon/Fang - I'll handle those, and I'm sorry I didn't have the time to add them before this update went out.

I'd also appreciate conferred abilities - if a class, or a race, or something else has an ability that affects those around it, but isn't a spell, adding those would be great, too.

Last edited by Mathias; November 8th, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 26th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Stupid question maybe, but should we email these too you or just post the xml source here in a post?

For example I have Ant Haul from the APG done already as my group needed that so should I just post the XML here after fixing to show on the Spell section or should I email that too you? Then just leave a post that I did it here?

Otherwise I love this new addition to HL by the way.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Go ahead and post it here - that way others can make use of it between now and the next HL update (although I believe the one you're mentioning is already available at d20pfsrd). Once I start getting a few of them, I'll try to maintain a single file of the finished material available for people to grab, and update it as more come in.

Correction - go ahead and post the .user files here (you'll have to zip them or use the HLExport program that's in Hero Lab's folder to pack them into a .hl file in order to attach them to a post here, I believe).

(for more than one spell, the XML will probably be too long)

Last edited by Mathias; October 27th, 2010 at 11:34 AM.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 26th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Spell: Ant Haul(from APG)
Code:
  <thing id="pS2AntHaul" name="Ant Haul" description="The target&apos;s carrying capacity triples (see Table 7-4: Carrying Capacity on page 171 of the Core Rulebook). This does not affect the creature&apos;s actual Strength  in any way, merely the amount of material it can carry while benefiting from this spell. It also has no effect on encumbrance due to armor. If the creature wears armor it still takes the normal penalties for doing so regardless of how much weight the spell allows it to carry." compset="InPlay">
    <tag group="Helper" tag="AdjSpell"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoIncr"/>
    <eval phase="PostAttr" priority="1950"><![CDATA[~if we're active
if (field[pIsOn].value <> 0) then
  ~multiply our carrying capacities by 3
  herofield[tEncumLgt].value *= 3 
  herofield[tEncumMed].value *= 3
  herofield[tEncumHvy].value *= 3
  endif]]></eval>
    </thing>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
(although I believe the one you're mentioning is already available at d20pfsrd)
Yep it is because I am the one that did it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 26th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Ok not to sound TOO foolish.. but where do we add these for the spell adjustments tab?

Do we cut and paste this in to the eval script area??

Could you let us know exactly which tab to use for this. and how to add them?
Nikmal is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
For that one, follow the d20pfsrd link in ShadowChemosh's sig - that'll lead you to a proper HL input file for that spell. What he posted is only useful to me or another advanced user.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
JMD031

Old October 27th, 2010, 05:09 PM
It would be nice to have any of the spells a Summoner can cast on his Eidolon as apart of this. Most of them are already on there such as Mage Armor and Haste. But it would be nice to have all of the other spells as well such as Magic Fang, etc.
JMD031 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 27th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Spell: Arcane Concordance

Code:
  <thing id="pS2ArcaCon" name="Arcane Concordance" description="A shimmering, blue and gold radiance surrounds you, enhancing arcane spells cast by your allies within its area. Any arcane spell cast by a creature within the area gains a +1 enhancement bonus to the DC of any saving throws against the spell, and can be cast as if one of the following metamagic feats was applied to it (without increasing the spell level or casting time): Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, Silent Spell, or Still Spell (you choose the metamagic feat when you cast arcane concordance)." compset="InPlay">
    <fieldval field="pMinimum" value="1"/>
    <fieldval field="pMaximum" value="1"/>
    <usesource source="APG"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="AdjSpell"/>
    <eval phase="PreLevel" priority="5000"><![CDATA[~if we're not active, just get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)
~Increase all Arcane spells DC by 1
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "sClass.cHelpWiz|sClass.cHelpBrd"
  eachpick.field[sDC].value += 1
  nexteach]]></eval>
    </thing>

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 31st, 2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: added APG source
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 28th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Spell: Aspect of the Bear(APG)
Code:
  <thing id="pS2AspBear" name="Aspect of the Bear" description="You take on an aspect of a bear. You gain a +2 enhancement bonus to natural armor and a +2 enhancement bonus on CMB rolls. You can also perform bull rush, grapple, and overrun combat maneuvers without provoking attacks of opportunity." compset="InPlay">
    <fieldval field="pMinimum" value="2"/>
    <fieldval field="pMaximum" value="2"/>
    <fieldval field="pDuration" value="1 min/level"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="AdjSpell" name="Spell Adjustment" abbrev="Spell Adjustment"/>
    <eval phase="PreLevel" priority="10000"><![CDATA[~ If we're not enabled, get out now

~ Add to our CMB
hero.child[Maneuver].field[tCMB].value += field[pAdjust].value
~ Add to our natural armor class
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACNatural].value += field[pAdjust].value]]></eval>
    </thing>

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 31st, 2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added APG source
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Spell: Aspect of the Falcon
Code:
  <thing id="pS2AspFalc" name="Aspect of the Falcon" description="You take on an aspect of a falcon. Your eyes become wide and raptor-like, and you grow feathers on the sides of your head. You gain a +3 competence bonus on Perception checks, a +1 competence bonus on ranged attacks, and the critical multiplier for your bows and crossbows becomes 19-20/x3. This effect does not stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon, such as the Improved Critical feat or a {i}keen{/i} weapon." compset="InPlay">
    <fieldval field="pDuration" value="1 min/level"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoIncr"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="AdjSpell" name="Spell Adjustment" abbrev="Spell Adjustment"/>
    <eval phase="PreLevel" priority="5000"><![CDATA[~ If we're not enabled, get out now

~ +3 competence bonus on Perception checks
#applybonus[BonComp,hero.child[skPercep],3]

~ Modify all the bows and ranged attacks
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wCategory.RangeProj"
  ~All ranged attacks are at +1 to hit
  eachpick.field[wAttBonus].value += 1
  ~Makes bows 19-20/x3
  if (eachpick.tagis[wFtrGroup.Bows] <> 0) then
    perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.ImpCrit]
  endif
  ~Makes bows 19-20/x3
  if (eachpick.tagis[wFtrGroup.Crossbows] <> 0) then
    perform eachpick.delete[wCritMult.2]
    perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.3]
  endif
nexteach]]></eval>
    </thing>

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 31st, 2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Removed Min/Max tag; added Source linked to APG.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote