Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

KiwiBlaze

Old May 26th, 2018, 12:16 PM
I am trying to find a way to get metadata on the character files (POR) so that I don't have to open up the file in question to find out information.

I'm not sure how metadata full works, so I'm not looking for a full range of automatic metadata to be included, but would like to have a file description, or comment that I can edit on the file (whether or not that is something I edit inside HL or not is outside of this question).

Since I have different Characters, created for different reasons, and sometimes even NPCs, I was looking for a way to include some description in the file, so I don't have to constantly open up the file, to work out what it is about.

Is this something that can be added as a development thing, or perhaps even as a user thing? I have seen suggestions from google that suggest that I as a user can add metadata to filetypes, but I am unsure if I should trust 3rd party programs that I cannot research and verify as safe.
KiwiBlaze is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 26th, 2018, 11:04 PM
The file name doesn't have to be the character name :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote