Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Helvegr

Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:57 PM
I'll throw in a couple of things that I've found. Keep up the great work!

Army Builder
- Doesn't validate duplicates of specials/rares
- Parry Bonus should be reflected as a 6+ Ward Save

Dwarfs
- Rune of Stoicism should be removed from 8th
- Dwarfs no longer get an extra 2 extra dispel dice
- Dwarf Engineers have modified text in the new Errata
Helvegr is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks guys, having a list really does help - and even if it seems I'm ignoring your problems I'm not.
A lot of these issues are with the individual army files themselves which I'm working my way through.
As for offers of help - I appreciate it but we now have 4 people working on it and it's a bit of a nightmare to make sure we are all working from the master version and doing things in the same way - I think anymore will end up a nightmare to organise. Thanks though!
silks is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Zarr

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandril_hydana View Post
Again thank for doing all the work here guys,

Another Vamp Count issue (and maybe other armies). These core units; Corpse Cart, Dire Wolves and the Bat Swam now count towards the minimum Core points. As such they should have the tag Does not count towards minimum core requirements removed if possible.

Thanks.
No, those units still don't count towards towards the minimum core needed. The FAQs have not overruled that.

On a side note, a few of the common magic items have some rather vague info on them. Such as (for some races) the Wailing Banner's description just saying "causes Terror". The banner makes the whole unit cause Terror rather than just the bearer, and in this edition that makes a difference since an enemy unit only takes a terror test if they make base to base contact with a model that has terror.
Zarr is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
fitz

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:19 AM
Just a quick Wood Elf issue, although I suspect that it extends to other armies. The War Banner cost reflects that in the BRB not the Army book. The 8th ed book clearly states that you should use the relevant army book cost if it is different to that posted in the BRB.

Great work guys.
fitz is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
thanduil

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:43 AM
A couple of problems with the Lizardmen army list:
1. With the Sarus Scar-Veteran adding a shield confers a +1 to the armour save, it should instead add a 6+ ward save
2. With a 2200 point army having 5 characters, with both heroes and lords being under 25% of the total, a warning comes up saying too many characters

But other than that all seems fine.
Thanks for all the hard work
thanduil
thanduil is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
thanduil

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:57 AM
One more:
-Sarus Oldblood when equipped with sword of bloodshed (magic weapon) and potion of foolhardiness (enchanted item) message comes up saying too many enchanted items
thanduil is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Post Deleted
silks is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Brother Bart

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Quick question...

I noticed in the "known issues" section of the version about screen (shown when the rules are loaded up) that many of the outdated books, and a few others were not throwing validation errors for duplicate units (specials and rares).

Forgive my ignorance, I only just started reading the ABCreator tutorial and reference guide today...but shouldn't that validation be tied to the main Warhammer rules, and not the individual books? If that is not the case, can someone give me an example of how one of the books that works properly validates this, so I can model the Ogre's book off of it?

Thanks!

*edit- I took a look at the woodelves data file and noticed that each special/rare has a unit specific rule that validates this...I'm only a beginner here, but it seems to me this could be built into the "special" and "rare" tags in the comp tag group? I mean it is a universal rule that applies to all lists, although it does have the 2 tiers (> or < 3000pts)

Last edited by Brother Bart; July 23rd, 2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: answered my own question =P
Brother Bart is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
4Shared has been really messing me around so I'm hosting the latest version on Megaupload (which is much easier to download from anyway)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MVOEGGO1

Finished Magic lores
Fixed Bretonian bugs
Fixed Sword of Bloodshed
Ogre Kingdoms - limited Thundermace to Tyrant only

Should be lots more updates this weekend (I hope)
silks is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
Brother Bart

Ignore the duplicated Rares for now - I'm trying to think of the most elegant way to do it
silks is offline   #100 Reply With Quote