Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kyuhunter

Old February 24th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Ok, after using chummer for some time and then switching to herolab and some time getting used to it I got some more or less minor but annoying complaints:
1) Why can't I copy stuff out of the supplements? I noticed when I wanted to create a capsule version of some toxins (1/5 of the price). It's kinda annoying to have to copy everything field by field..
2) Keeping track of individual expenses/income. For comparison: chummer notes every expense i take. I could do this via the Journal tab but then I don't have a possiblity to keep tracks of the sessions overall.
3) A session based note keeping possiblity. See point 2) why I don't use the Journal for this.
4) Dice rolling on clicking the dicepool.. I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, it is to hard to find.

While I like Hero Lab for creating a character, I find that in keeping one it could still be improved.
Kyuhunter is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old February 24th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Journal actually does indeed do this. You have to add a new Journal Entry to have them tracked separately. Simply adding items to the journal without a new entry combines them.
Alistair is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kyuhunter

Old February 25th, 2017, 04:23 AM
I know that, but then I can't keep track of sessions easily. Sure, it's more of a comfort thing but I don't want to look for the date of every entry to find out what belongs together.

For Nuyen/Karma expenses a simple table would be much easier. And it also should add the stuff I buy automatically if you ask me.. thats not to hard to accomplish.
Kyuhunter is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old February 25th, 2017, 05:16 PM
The running list of expenses is actually something that they've implemented recently on the Pathfinder side (if I remember correctly). They might be able to do something similar for purchases in Shadowrun.

Personally, I use the Journal to keep track of Session information, particularly since you can add notes and things to each entry. Generally, I don't use HeroLab to keep track of my day-to-day purchases and I usually calculate gear costs separately anyway, so I mostly just factor that in when I input the data for the Session.

I definitely agree that keeping track of what happened to your money and when is important, sometimes things might trigger a cost accidentally, or if you add gear and need to make corrections it does some wacky things sometimes. Without a history on the money it can be hard to tell if something happened that led to some sort of mistake...
Kiirnodel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kyuhunter

Old February 26th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Well that keeps the hopes up.
Seeing how I already have plenty of applications running when playing shadowrun (roll20, HL, PDFs, Discord, etc.) I would love it if Hero Lab could take over everything character related.
Kyuhunter is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
cndblank

Old February 28th, 2017, 07:13 AM
More note sections would be nice.

Also custom entries would be nice to cover that one off stuff.

Example I have a Fox shapeshifter PC and now that Vulnerability to Silver, Dual Nature, and Regeneration have been errataed in, I have no place to record that.
cndblank is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old February 28th, 2017, 02:28 PM
In the past, I've put that under the character description box. I think it is 'Personal' or 'Social', but it is wherever you upload your character portrait in.
manchuwook is offline   #7 Reply With Quote