Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

amerigoV

Old May 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I am a mild user of Herolab, so this might be an easy one I am just overlooking.

I have the Tour of Darkness setting installed (from here) and I want to use that as a basis for a Star Wars military scenario (so players running Stormtroopers). I am fine with some of the futuristic weapons/armor in the core Deluxe book and I just want to have access to the ToD edges and hindrances.

So I set the character definition to include ToD and I made sure the futuristic equipment was checked. I started on a character and I got all the ToD material, but the future equipment did not pull through - as a matter of fact only ToD equipment came through.

Is there something else I need to check? Or do I need to mod the ToD stuff (copy over and add some weapons/armor)?

Thanks!
amerigoV is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM
That's something I'd like to have available to us as well. Right now if you select msot settings they are set up to exclude "standard" gear, so when you select ToD it will not show you that other stuff.

So the easiest way is to probably modify the ToD file by opening it up in the Editor (Tools -> Launch Editor), then open the ToD.user file and go to the "Setting Adjust" tab, click on the "setTDTourD" on the left and uncheck the "No Standard Gear?" box. Just be aware that if I do an update to Tour of Darkness and you download that update it will overwrite your current file so you'll just have to do the above again since it will overwrite your modified file.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
amerigoV

Old May 7th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks Zarlor, I'll check that out tonight. This is for a one-shot, so I might just copy and rename it and change the setting. (plus, you never know when you need stormtroopers on the verge of going insane).
amerigoV is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM
If you rename the file but leave it in the same location as the ToD file you'll get a bunch of errors (because now you'd have copies of "UniqueIDs" that are no longer Unique!) So if you do that be sure to move the file you won'
t be using at the time to someplace else. I create a couple of folders in my Data directory, one for "Official" and the other for "House Rules" where I'll move data files and and out of depending of if I'm using them or not.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Or you could just make a duplicate of the game for the star Wars savage world game.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote