Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ahriman

Old March 7th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Greetings all, first post (since my reply to an old thread doesn't seem to have posted)!

I'm currently looking through the demo version of HL (before I shell out my $$)and I've run into something I'd like to be able to remove. The deluxe edition rules for SW state that a character must have a strength score at least equal to the damage die of any given hand weapon in order to wield it without penalty. I've looked through the editor and specifically the "Setting Adjust" tab and can't find anywhere to turn this rule off. To be specific this is not an issue of a str req. for a particular weapon, this is a new rule implemented with the deluxe edition and I don't use it in my campaign. I prefer to stick with str requirements by weapon. Can someone point me in the right direction please to remove this rule please?

Thanks for your assistance.

Ahriman.
Ahriman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Ooh. Not difficult, just a lot to do. I take it we're talking about melee weapons here, since ranged weapons don't use the weapon die rule.

You'll need to create copies of all the melee weapons, and don't use the Weapon Die field to define the damage, use the Special Damage field instead. Then set the Strength Requirement Die the way you want it. Pick a new source name and set the new weapon definitions all to this new source, so they can be activated together. That's step one.

Step two is to preclude the existing weapons. The preclude tab in the Editor is where to do this. Create a preclude record for the id tag of each weapon you want to replace, and give it the source name you created in step one.

Save it all, and reload. In the Configure Hero window, you should now see the source you created in the list of User-defined choices. Click it, and the weapons swap should take place. And you can distribute this file to any other players in your game who use Hero Lab so they can use the same data.
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ahriman

Old March 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Wow, sounds labor-intensive but I'll give it a go. Thanks for he help.
Ahriman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 14th, 2012, 07:38 AM
This explains an issue I had run into trying to implement Claws for Harrowed in HoE Reloaded. I completely missed that ruling in SWD. Interesting, I guess it would apply even for natural weapons like that? I may have to ask that on the PEG, Inc. forum.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM
That's a good question. I don't know that I've ever had the occasion to use a Natural Weapon that had a higher damage die than the creature/race had their Strength die.

Last edited by CapedCrusader; December 22nd, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 18th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Oh, I forgot to respond back here with it. According to Clint at PEG in this thread:
Quote:
The rule on Minimum Strength is specifically under the Gear section and applies only to equipment (as with the other notes listed); it doesn't affect other damage unless the source specifically states such.

In the case of the Harrowed Edges, they simply state the character does Str+dX damage with them, so minimum Strength doesn't apply.
So I've gone back to using your method for those as "Special Damage".

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote